2012 Cyclone 2812 -does anyone know where the converter is mounted on this particular unit?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
It's normally located behind the wall in the basement. There are screws holding the wall, possibly some through the UDC wall.

Peace
Dave

Thank you everyone, I am very familiar with digging around in my basement on my RV not because I've had a lot of problems with it ,I had to work on my water pump one time so taking the direction from the forum I was able to locate the converter.

I have the basement wall partially removed and was able to look back and find it now I just need to get to it, so it's going to take me a little more work. Currently, I'm making sure that I am troubleshooting all aspects of inadequate charging from my converter i.e. batteries which are new by the way and/or fuses breakers anything that may be causing the system to not charge. So far all indicators are is that there is no output from the converter.

Just a helpful note for others that may be curious about the same subject one of the best pieces of advice on the forum was when looking for your converter draw an imaginary line from your batteries to your fuse box in your coach. Somewhere along that imaginary line should be the location of the converter. Following this advice in fact this was true in assisting me in finding my converter.

Thank you...

danemayer

Failure to charge the battery is usually one of the following:

- 12V DC manual reset mini-circuit breaker near the battery has tripped and needs to be reset. If the interior lights work on shore power, but go out when shore power is shut off, even with a fully charged battery, this is usually the problem.

- Power Converter on-board blade fuses are blown - usually from connecting the battery backwards momentarily.

- Power Converter has failed - common causes of failure are water and problems with incoming shore power.