2012 Landmark Rushmore

carl.swoyer

Has anyone ever replaced the outside seal on there bedroom slide. Not the bulb seal , but the flat one. Any input on how it's done would be great.lol
Thanks

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

carl.swoyer

Lol ,65 views and no comments on how it's done.
No room for pushing it up or down the track.? Lazy days tech support said hyper extend the slide?

centerline

on my 2011 bighorn, the flap seal is part of the base that holds the bulb seal.... there is a screw at each end of the bulb seal (look inside the end of the bulb) that when removed, the seal piece can be slid or pulled off the track... and the screws that hold the track/flap seal can easily be seen.... remove them and replace what you need to.... any rusty screws that come out is a place that wasnt sealed completely, so if the base material is damaged and wont hold a screw, it will either need to have a little larger or longer screw in that location, or inject the hole with epoxy, and after it sets up, redrill to fit the new screw...

carl.swoyer

Thank you,
I have replaced the seals that your talking about but these are on my bedroom slide. I'm going to attach a picture.
19e0eafabe17b853e0edd1662cb061b8.jpg
cee672f3f6c78cffadfcb94edc1f19f9.jpg

centerline

Take a close look and see that little scuff mark at the edge of the seal... it is being grabbed by the corner trim on the outer edge of the slide unit...
It needs a file or a grinder taken to the alumimum trim to smooth it down.. which will prevent that from happening...