2013 Big Country Slides

Donszarko

Having problems with kitchen slide sometimes sticking upon retraction. It’s the last of 3 slides slide to retract but sometimes grinds like the rails are missing the sprocket? Also seems to get stuck and intermittently simply stops as it begins to retract. With swtich on the power just dies. Then I hit the switch again and the kitchen slide relcutantly retracts with a lot of noise.
I think the two big slides are hydraulic? The bedroom might be electric?
Anyone else have this experience?

Lou_and_Bette

Check the cogs on your slide mechanisms. The noise might be a symptom of teeth broken or missing from the cogs. I had this problem several years ago

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
What model floor plan do you have? You might, as you suspect, have two hydraulic slides.
Have you lubed the slides mechanism? When mind get noisy ì lube them.

Peace
Dave

Donszarko

Check the cogs on your slide mechanisms. The noise might be a symptom of teeth broken or missing from the cogs. I had this problem several years ago
Interesting because I have checked under the slide along the rails to see if teeth were worn and they don’t seem to be. However, it is hard to see the entire sprocket they ride on. So, made an appointment at an RV service and repair shop who has expericne with all types of slides, especially Lippert systems. They are going to have to remove the rubberized underbelly to access the system, I believe.
I will report back on what they found in case others have a similar problem.

Donszarko

What model floor plan do you have? You might, as you suspect, have two hydraulic slides.
Have you lubed the slides mechanism? When mind get noisy ì lube them.

Peace
Dave
It’s a 3250TS rear living room unit. I have never lubed either of the slide mechanisms becasue we really onloy use the RV from May to September. However, it does run through rain and no doubt picks up road grunge.
Now that I’m taking it to an RV service, I should have them check and lube each slide?? Thanks for the tip.