2013 WA State Rally Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
Greetings!

As many of you are aware, I recently sent out a Pre-Planning" Survey for our 2013 Rally. The way I do that is to use a list of all Heartland Owners Forum members which, other than the WA Chapter List, is all I have to work from. That PM was sent to over 700 forum (not club) members from WA, OR, ID and BC Canada. Although it is a quick and easy way to collect some data, it does not show me who specifically responds to the survey. The only reason to know that is for follow-up to those who expressed interest in attending. (see the last comment below) For that I must rely on this medium and specifically the WA Chapter Forum.

I would like to start a dialog on this thread in hopes all of you will participate in planning our 2013 event. I have already received some great comments from the survey e.g.

"What about Icicle RV Park in Leavenworth?"

"How about Horn Rapids RV Park in Richland?"

"The reservation policy at Wine Country requires full payment 3 months in advance."

"Please keep us informed. We responded to the survey last year but never heard another word."

If you haven't done so...please "Subscribe" to the WA Chapter Forum. Doing so you will receive notification every time new information is added. Simply go to the WA Chapter Home Page. Just before the threads begin, there is a light blue colored bar and to the right are the words "Forum Tools." Click this menu and you will be able to subscribe to the WA Chapter thread!

OK...Let the dialog begin!

PS Does anyone know if the Facebook page Roxanne started for us in Twisp is functioning? If not, perhaps we should consider doing a WA Chapter Facebook Page. I have a personal one that is not used much but AnaLyn is on Facebook 24/7 :) and is pretty adept at using it!

Last edited:

SJH

Re: 2013 Rally Discussion

Thanks for the recommendtions Tom. I will add them to the list of possibles! One common theme the past two years with rally plans is that 100% of the people responding to the survey wanted full hook ups and 50amp if possible. I didn't even think to add it to this years survey as I was aware of that preference. Perhaps since only a few have completed it so far I can go back and add a question or two! Several nice things about state parks including price!

Best Wishes and enjoy the rest of the summer!

rickandjoyce

If you want to consider state parks, our favorite is Wenatchee Confluence. It's great. Not that far from Leavenworth, Wenatchee for golf, etc., it has an amazing bike/walking path that goes forever and it's not all that far from Chelan either. Just a thought.

SJH

If you want to consider state parks, our favorite is Wenatchee Confluence. It's great. Not that far from Leavenworth, Wenatchee for golf, etc., it has an amazing bike/walking path that goes forever and it's not all that far from Chelan either. Just a thought.

Thank you for the suggestion! I have been by that park but never camped there. Many people seem to like it. Is it full-hookup? Seems 100% of the people submitting the survey wanted a full-hookup park!. Speaking of the survey...I will give it a few more weeks, then tabulate the results for a second survey from which we will make our decisions. Like I mentioned previously, the survey was sent to over 700 emails of forum members in WA, OR, ID, and BC. So far I have about 30 responses.

We missed you at Anacortes this weekend for our "Halloweenie Campout." It was very wet but a fun, lazy weekend.

Best Wishes!

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired

Tom,

I know from personal experience that Maryhill State Park is a georgeous park and one of the better places to stay in the Columbia River Gorge area. If that is one of the choices, you have our vote!

For20hunter

Steve,

Although the Icicle Creek is a beautiful park and is in Leavenworth with all sorts of attractions nearby, a lot of the sites are very small and hard to get in and out of for larger rigs. They do have a lot of sites that would accomodate some of the larger fifth wheels. Just food for thought. It would work if the park agreed to block out a large group of their larger sites, but I am not sure if that is possible, since they are such an incredibly busy and full park.

Greetings!

As many of you are aware, I recently sent out a Pre-Planning" Survey for our 2013 Rally. The way I do that is to use a list of all Heartland Owners Forum members which, other than the WA Chapter List, is all I have to work from. That PM was sent to over 700 forum (not club) members from WA, OR, ID and BC Canada. Although it is a quick and easy way to collect some data, it does not show me who specifically responds to the survey. The only reason to know that is for follow-up to those who expressed interest in attending. (see the last comment below) For that I must rely on this medium and specifically the WA Chapter Forum.

I would like to start a dialog on this thread in hopes all of you will participate in planning our 2013 event. I have already received some great comments from the survey e.g.

"What about Icicle RV Park in Leavenworth?"

"How about Horn Rapids RV Park in Richland?"

"The reservation policy at Wine Country requires full payment 3 months in advance."

"Please keep us informed. We responded to the survey last year but never heard another word."

If you haven't done so...please "Subscribe" to the WA Chapter Forum. Doing so you will receive notification every time new information is added. Simply go to the WA Chapter Home Page. Just before the threads begin, there is a light blue colored bar and to the right are the words "Forum Tools." Click this menu and you will be able to subscribe to the WA Chapter thread!

OK...Let the dialog begin!

PS Does anyone know if the Facebook page Roxanne started for us in Twisp is functioning? If not, perhaps we should consider doing a WA Chapter Facebook Page. I have a personal one that is not used much but AnaLyn is on Facebook 24/7 :) and is pretty adept at using it!

SJH

Thank you for that information! And...welcome to the Heartland Owners Club!

For20hunter

Steve and AnaLyn,

Are you two still planning the 2013 Washington Chapter Rally, or since you stepped down is that something that someone else needs to step up and plan? I will be attending my first Rally this year in Oregon at Winchester Bay, or I would volunteer to help plan and coordinate this one, but I have absolutely NO IDEA of that a rally entails.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC

Rod and Kelly,
We can help you through the steps of planning a rally. Some leaders make it really busy with lots of activities, fund raising, etc. We tend to go the other direction and I know that is how Steve was thinking as well.

Oregon and Washington both have such beautiful parks and such gorgeous scenery that people like to kind of plan their own time during the day and get together with the group for dinner and/or drinks at night.

Anyway, we can talk if you think this is something you want to try out. The Regional Director, John Dawson, can also give you some guidance. If you want his email or phone number, let me know by PM and I will give it to you.

Kristy

SJH

Steve and AnaLyn,

Are you two still planning the 2013 Washington Chapter Rally, or since you stepped down is that something that someone else needs to step up and plan? I will be attending my first Rally this year in Oregon at Winchester Bay, or I would volunteer to help plan and coordinate this one, but I have absolutely NO IDEA of that a rally entails.

Much to our disappointment, we are no longer active with the RV lifestyle. I would be more than willing to help you get the 2013 WA State Rally up and running. I know there are members looking forward to the event.

I have Pre-Rally Survey results I can share, there is a small budget remaining, and if you contact Jim Beletti about becoming the Chapter Leader, he will open the Forum Leader pages giving you access to member contacts as well as great information on how to proceed.

We are no longer active on the forum but you can email me at herricksj@comcast.net and I will respond the same day. Let me know what you need and I will help however I can! The HOC and the WA Chapter are great organizations I wish to see thrive. You will be amazed at how easy the "leader position" really is with all the help you will receive from Heartland LLC and Mr. Jim Beletti HOC.

Best Wishes!

For20hunter

Mark, Kristy, Steve and AnaLyn,

I sent you a PM in relation to the Chapter Leader duties.

Rod

Phatkd

Please keep me in the loop as well. I am interested in attending from the Alberta Chapter depending on date and location.

shovelguy

We are very interested as well. Our residence is officially Oregon but we have a camp site in Lake Stevens, Wa where we spend half the year and so we consider ourselves Washingtonians as well as Oregonians. d&j

For20hunter

Never received the PM Rod!

Steve and AnaLyn,

My PM basically said that for the next few years I really do not believe that my wife and I are the best choice for Chapter Leaders as we both still work full time. My work weeks are 54 hours. On top of that, I am a Deputy Sheriff assigned to our K-9 Unit and am subject to being called out during my off duty time, so we really do not have the necessary time it would take to commit to being chapter leaders at this time. I am scheduled to retire in the next few years and then would be honored to take on the role and responsibility. I have no problem undertaking the responsibility to schedule a location for the rally and keep track of who is attending, however i believe that is probably a really small portion of what the Chapter Leader is responsible for and should be doing. Since I have never attended any rally, I have no idea what is really involved in a Rally, but looking at the threads posted on the Forum and seeing all of the cool classes, seminars and tours that appear to be a part of them, I think that would be way over our head and capabilities to devote to right now in our lives.

With that being said, I do not want to leave you all with the opinion that we just want to be a part of the HOC and not give anything back to it. That really is not who we are and we believe anything you want to do in live and enjoy is made better by the effort and input you are willing to put into it yourself. Because of that, I am willing to do the scheduling for a Washington Chapter get together at whatever spot the majority wish me to set up.

The other part of the PM was just to find out what a Chapter Leader is responsible for doing. I also sent John and Lori Dawson a message in response to their message asking me to call them. Since I work the night shift and such long days, I asked them in that message what would be the best time to call them and still have not received a response back from them. Based on their suggestions when I speak with them, maybe there are some more things that we can set up that are not too time demanding.

Anyway, to finish this off, I hope I have not offended anyone and really do want to help out in anyway possible, but do not want to bite of more that we can chew right now with our busy lives.

Rod Ditrich

For20hunter

How about CDA Idaho, lake tour available, Blackwell Island has group facilities. Thankyou

Do you mean to schedule the Washinton Rally at Lake Coeur d'Alene? That is just a stone's throw across the state line, but I am not sure if the Washington Chapter Rally has to be in Washington State or not? Maybe others will pipe in here and give an answer to that.

Rod

Status
Not open for further replies.