2014 North Trail 31QBS New Owner

Good evening,

i just paid a deposit on this travel trailer and am excited as I think it will be a wonderful experience for my family. Does anyone have this model and if so what do you like or not like about it?

This model seemed perfect for our needs and I was able to pick it up for a very good price. We had been looking at similar models at the RV shows and I couldn’t justify spending nearly $30k when this barely used model was less than half that.

I am a little nervous as it is 35 feet long but the previous owner says that I’ll get used to it. Any positive or negative comments on this particular model or the North Trail line is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

danemayer

Hi Lendermonk,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

Judging by members of this forum, I'd say there are a lot of happy North Trail owners. I expect some will chime in shortly.

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
- - - Updated - - -

Good evening,

i just paid a deposit on this travel trailer and am excited as I think it will be a wonderful experience for my family. Does anyone have this model and if so what do you like or not like about it?

This model seemed perfect for our needs and I was able to pick it up for a very good price. We had been looking at similar models at the RV shows and I couldn’t justify spending nearly $30k when this barely used model was less than half that.

I am a little nervous as it is 35 feet long but the previous owner says that I’ll get used to it. Any positive or negative comments on this particular model or the North Trail line is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I owned at 2010 North Trail 31BDSS and now own a 2015 North trail 32BUDS. both well over 35 ft long. I was nervous the first time I towed my first north trail now it is a breeze most of the time.
The long length is a bit of an advantage for easier backing up but will also make it a bit more challenging to get into some sites.

The length will take a bit of time to get used to but a good anti-sway/weight distributing hitch makes the trailer tow like it is not even there. I use an equal-I-zer hitch and have been extremely happy with it. Never much sway even in pretty strong cross winds. The only time I know a semi is passing me is when I look in the mirror as I don't feel any sway at all.

I have been very happy overall with my North Trails.

- - - Updated - - -

I owned at 2010 North Trail 31BDSS and now own a 2015 North trail 32BUDS. both well over 35 ft long. I was nervous the first time I towed my first north trail now it is a breeze most of the time.
The long length is a bit of an advantage for easier backing up but will also make it a bit more challenging to get into some sites.

The length will take a bit of time to get used to but a good anti-sway/weight distributing hitch makes the trailer tow like it is not even there. I use an equal-I-zer hitch and have been extremely happy with it. Never much sway even in pretty strong cross winds. The only time I know a semi is passing me is when I look in the mirror as I don't feel any sway at all.

I have been very happy overall with my North Trails.

Thank you for the response! I have also been told that longer trailers are easier to pull and back up. My dad drives low boy trailers for a living and he told me that there is only one way to learn and that is to start pulling them. Yes, I don't imagine I'm going to be able to pull this thing down by a river site and go camping, and I'm OK with that. The seller did include a very nice stabilizer system with the RV. I am unsure of the brand but he indicated that the trailer pulls very well with this system and he has never had any issues.

I just wish winter was gone so that I can get out there!

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
I just wish winter was gone so that I can get out there!
Winter did not stop me this past weekend. We got six inches of snow during the past weekend when I got my RV out for this season.

Good luck with towing. It should be pretty easy. Just take your time and plan ahead. When I first got my RV, I did a dry run with just my truck where I was going and what I would do the first time towing. I went to a county park a few miles from the dealer that I had purchased from, I knew the route I would take and the minimum of turns. I even planned approximately how I would back up with the trailer. I also had someone meet me at my site that was experienced to help guide me in. Needless to say, It made the first day towing easier.

Find a nearby campground that is fairly open and accessible with a few trees, etc to do an initial run. Have a spotter to watch for objects when backing up. I frequently will get out and walk to the rear to gauge for my self what I have for clearances and progress on backing into a site. the more difficult the site the more frequent I check and recheck progress as I backup even with spotter help.

If your wanting to meetup with other Heartland RVer's you might attend a rally.

I see you may be from Minnesota. Here are the nearby Heartland chapter rallies.
The Iowa chapter rally is October 4th - 7th 2018 in Amana, Iowa.
https://heartlandowners.org/showthr...4-2018-to-10-7-2018/page2?p=568166#post568166

The Minnesota rally is near Preston, MN. September 13-16 2018
https://heartlandowners.org/showthr...on-9-13-2018-to-9-16-2018?p=562559#post562559

The Wisconsin rally is near Wisconsin Dells, August 8 - 12 2018.
https://heartlandowners.org/showthr...8-2018-to-8-12-2018/page2?p=558895#post558895