2015 BigHorn 3010 RE - Constantly Draining from Freshwater drain tube

okie_guy

I had to replace the onboard pump, had a slight crack in the plastic part of the housing. I've noticed, since the weather has warmed up, that the drain for the fresh tank (Drivers side, near the axle) is constantly draining. We are on city water, and the valve to control the water is set correctly. If I turn the valve to closed, then water starts draining on the passenger side, looks to be 3 or 4 smaller drains. What would cause the tank to constantly drain? I suspect maybe the valve that switches to fill the fresh tank may be bad, but wanted to ask here first.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
You may have damaged your Anderson Valve and now it allows your city water to slowly, continuously fill your tank.

Peace
Dave

sengli

I thought there was a one way valve in the pump that also caused fresh water to pass into the tank, when it wasnt supposed to. As for the anderson valve, I would try cycling it around to see it will seal on its own. Or of course you can contact them ans seek a replacement cartridge.

chaplady

I had same issue mine was checkvalve went back. I brought a checkvalve and installed it on discharge side of pump. Issue corrected.

CoveredWagon

Check valve in the pump is most likely the problem. Buy a nice new brass check valve and simply install it on the inlet side of the pump. Simple inexpensive fix

DickO

At one time I had my fresh water tank fill. I turned my Anderson valve just a few degrees and then back to city water. Problem solved.

david-steph2018

okie_guy, the Anderson Valve used back in your rig and in our 2018 Road Warrior, the valve body was made of plastic. During the 2019 National Rally in Goshen ABCO was there and said the plastic valve body were going bad. At one time there was a rebuild kit available, but not sure if it still available.
ABCO, did redesign the valve body and replaced it with a brass body. A new replacement valve for our model is around $170.00. Our Anderson valve would leak-by like you described. For a couple of years, I could turn the water off, relieve the pressure in the hose, then slowly turn the handle back and forth a couple of times. It worked.
I made our Anderson Valve last until June 2022, then replaced it with the spare I purchased during the 2019 rally. It took 6 weeks to get the replacement.

spectra

That's what I was thinking/wondering.
Thanks for the reply. Is there any way to inspect it for damage after removing it from the unit?
If you determine it is the Anderson valve ( I had the same issue on my 2017 Road Warrior) replace with the new updated version tgais all brass vs the the old o ring cartridge. I installed the new version and problem solved. See link on Amazon below
ABCO RV MANRV101-RF RV Water Service Panel with 4 Function, 3 Position Low Lead Brass Valve Supply for Tank Filling and Maintenance https://a.co/d/7JAv4SL