2015 Cyclone 4200

porthole

Retired
OEFVET, what make and model of power reel did you mount on your RV?

Shoreline makes a Heartland specific reel, at least they did when I bought mine (different reel height).
You will be really pleased once you get it installed, especially if you camp in cold weather.

Power-Stroke

WK15.... keep us posted on your progress. I'm also considering this, but haven't quite figured out where I would mount.
Thanks,
Jay

OEFVET

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

The Modifications continue here with installation of Lippert's aluminum quad steps. (6)

Attachments

• DSC_0031.jpg.jpg
    DSC_0031.jpg.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 211
  • DSC_0032.jpg.jpg
    DSC_0032.jpg.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 215
  • DSC_0033.jpg.jpg
    DSC_0033.jpg.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 213

OEFVET

The Modifications continue here with installation of Goodyear G114 H rated tires and 17.5 wheels. (7)

Attachments

• DSC_0049.jpg
    DSC_0049.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 50
  • DSC_0051.jpg
    DSC_0051.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 46

OEFVET

The Modifications continue here with an upgraded fuel filler nozzle for the filling station. (8)

Attachments

• DSC_0044.jpg
    DSC_0044.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 51
  • DSC_0042.jpg
    DSC_0042.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 44

porthole

Retired
C'mon now Chris - ya have to give just a little teeny bit more info?

Whats with the nozzle? Why change?

OEFVET

Honestly, the stock nozzle was a POS. It was pitted and froze shut. Also with the upgrade is a nice swivel fitting to keep hose untangled. Sorry brother but not everyone is as long winded as you. :D

porthole

Retired
Honestly, the stock nozzle was a POS. It was pitted and froze shut. Also with the upgrade is a nice swivel fitting to keep hose untangled. Sorry brother but not everyone is as long winded as you. :D

I noticed the swivel, and the trigger lock.
Northern tool item?

Don't remember who, but someone on the forum had a nozzle powder coated before replacing it.

OEFVET

[/QUOTE]

I noticed the swivel, and the trigger lock.
Northern tool item?

Don't remember who, but someone on the forum had a nozzle powder coated before replacing it.[/QUOTE]

Yes Northern. Why powder coat a nozzle that wasn't working?

Wk15

WK15.... keep us posted on your progress. I'm also considering this, but haven't quite figured out where I would mount.
Thanks,
Jay

On the 3950, I mounted mine on the side as OEFVET but I put mine under the slide. The slide closes and you don't even know it's there.

I also put in an Technology Research 40240 50amp Surge Guard with LCD and a curtain rod along the entire back of the garage. The wife made some quilted curtains.

OEFVET

Duane, yes just the plastic trim around the steps. That and a long ratchet wrench was all needed to get to the bolts. No need to cut or remove the j-rap.

porthole

Retired
I thought that might work when we were discussing.
If it was the Heartland service doing the install they would have known that.

OEFVET

Agreed, also I could tell the Lippert installer was in a hurry to get them all installed. Since I am completely capable of installing myself I had no problem doing the install.

porthole

Retired
Normally I am as well. But this time $25 overruled a bum shoulder.
Same reason I went with the overpriced SAT antenna install.

John287

We just averaged 9.3 towing our 4200 with a 2013 Dodge Ram 3500 Mega Cab. 8 hour trip all highway to Niagra Falls. That includes being stuck on 87 for around 30 min stopped.