I’m really interested and want to purchase a 2015 RW 420 soon, but in my online search I cannot find any good reviews. I was hoping to get some honest feedback from any owners about the pros & cons of the unit. Just really hoping for some advice from people who own or have owned one and any suggestions.
Thank you so much in advance to all of you, I really appreciate it <3
Sincerely,
Emma Leigh

david-steph2018

We have a 2018 Road Warrior 427, triaxle with a side patio. We have had it now since October 2017 and now are full time in it.
Since the 2015 could be going on 8 years old:
Check the roof sealants really good.
Check the sealants around the windows, doors.
Check the seals around the slide outs, check the hydraulics on the slide outs, the big slide could be hydraulic and the smaller slide maybe electric style.
If equipped with the self-leveling system, check for any hydraulic leaks around the jacks, the main pump area, etc.....
Check the sides for any possible delamination issues.
Check the ramps for any issues such as water intrusion from rusty bolts, check for broken springs on the ramps, check the ramps to see who the manufacturers.
Check the suspension for broken spring hangars, worn bushings, broken bolts, etc.....
Check the AC units, furnace, water heater, all the appliances to make sure they work as they should.

What truck to you plan on using it to pull with?
Any question you can send me a PM if I can help

We have a 2018 Road Warrior 427, triaxle with a side patio. We have had it now since October 2017 and now are full time in it.
Since the 2015 could be going on 8 years old:
Check the roof sealants really good.
Check the sealants around the windows, doors.
Check the seals around the slide outs, check the hydraulics on the slide outs, the big slide could be hydraulic and the smaller slide maybe electric style.
If equipped with the self-leveling system, check for any hydraulic leaks around the jacks, the main pump area, etc.....
Check the sides for any possible delamination issues.
Check the ramps for any issues such as water intrusion from rusty bolts, check for broken springs on the ramps, check the ramps to see who the manufacturers.
Check the suspension for broken spring hangars, worn bushings, broken bolts, etc.....
Check the AC units, furnace, water heater, all the appliances to make sure they work as they should.

What truck to you plan on using it to pull with?
Any question you can send me a PM if I can help
Wow thank you so much for your response! I’ll definitely bring your list with me when I go to the dealership to inspect it. This is going to be my first ever trailer, so I honestly don’t really know a lot of the terminology you used. I’m pretty anxious just based on the reviews I’ve read; but, I love the layout and floor plan of this unit so much that I’m feeling pretty conflicted.
I’m actually looking into trucks now as well, so for the time being I’m just going to have it shipped. But I’ve been looking at a few models, I was hoping to be able to go electric but it seems it might be too long a wait for one strong enough to pull the unit to be on the market so I’m thinking an F350. What would you recommend?
I’m also going to be living in it FT, do you have any suggestions?
Also, I’ve looked at other similar units and am wondering if there are certain brands that are better quality and possibly worth paying more for?
I really like the idea of having 2 patios just for added living space and everything, as well as having the walk-in closet in the master. So I’ve been looking at the Heartland RW 420 & 427 & 4275, Heartland Cyclone 4200 & 4270, Jayco Seismic 4212, 4213 & 4113, GD 399, Fuzion 420 & 422 and Forest River Thunderbolt Amp 422. Im trying to keep my budget around $60k right now, but I’ve also considered taking out a small loan to up my budget to more of the $80k price range. What do you think? Do you have any suggestions or recommendations for a first timer?
I’ve already looked into extended warranties and definitely plan on getting one of those regardless. I am also leaning more towards purchasing from a dealership because I’m hoping there’s a bit more quality control, etc. But I would really appreciate any advice or suggestions or even criticisms you could give me.
I’ve done months of research now, but I really feel that speaking to someone who’s actually gone through the experience is ten times more helpful than anything I could glean from articles, etc.
Anyways, so sorry for the long message. I truly appreciate you taking the time to help me out! I look forward to hearing from you!
Thank you again so very much
And a happy New Year 🥳☺️
Sincerely
Emma Leigh

I tried direct messaging you and for some reason it wouldn’t let me :/

david-steph2018

For these big units, you are looking at the right size truck, a dually. But I like RAM, so if you like Ford, it will work.
Some will say not to spend your money on an extended warranty, while others will say get one. I will say it depends on your level of being able to work on these things if something goes wrong.
Careful on who you pick for a dealer, some have lousy after sales service, some others not too bad.

Do you plan on traveling or sitting in one spot for an extended period of time, then moving every so often? Do you plan on chasing 70-degree temps during the wintertime?

I’ll definitely bring your list with me when I go to the dealership to inspect it.
There is a great PDI on here from another member, Oregon Camper, but I am having trouble finding it right now. That is a great list to use. When you go to the dealership and BEFORE you sign the paperwork to buy, hand this to them. Once you do that, tell them "I will be there while WE check it out".

Dahillbilly

For these big units, you are looking at the right size truck, a dually. But I like RAM, so if you like Ford, it will work.
Some will say not to spend your money on an extended warranty, while others will say get one. I will say it depends on your level of being able to work on these things if something goes wrong.
Careful on who you pick for a dealer, some have lousy after sales service, some others not too bad.

Do you plan on traveling or sitting in one spot for an extended period of time, then moving every so often? Do you plan on chasing 70-degree temps during the wintertime?

I’ll definitely bring your list with me when I go to the dealership to inspect it.
There is a great PDI on here from another member, Oregon Camper, but I am having trouble finding it right now. That is a great list to use. When you go to the dealership and BEFORE you sign the paperwork to buy, hand this to them. Once you do that, tell them "I will be there while WE check it out".
the PDI your're looking for is in the Tools tab above, under User Guides about two thirds down the list. Good luck

Thank you so much David! I just printed out that list and already feel a little better about it all. So, thank you again!