2016 big horn 3160 - gray water plumbing fracture crack options

scottknight1

just bought a used big horn. the gray water 3" pipe has a small stress fracture. see photos. I circled the fracture in red in pic 7693. could I put super glue on it, or something else rather then pull the plumbing since it goes up into the rig?
thx for any tips....

Attachments

• IMG_7693 (1).jpg
    IMG_7693 (1).jpg
    179 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_7692.jpg
    IMG_7692.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 41

hoefler

Get some ABS solvent glue and cleaner. Make sure it is dry and no water seeping through, clean with the joint cleaner, then wipe crack with the glue and let dry.

wdk450

I like the silicone self fusing tape (Miracle Tape or Miracle Wrap) as it forms a slightly flexible sealing plug which I would think would hold up to road vibrations better.

SLO

I’m sorry to say, you’re better off cutting out and replacing the fitting. Anything else is a bandage. That is a low heel fitting that’s used quite often in venting a residential toilet. It’s actually in the wrong orientations in the horizontal position but it works for this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Garypowell

I like SLO’s idea for complete replacement. Cut it out, replace with new components and if it’s too tight to glue it use rubber boots to join the parts together. Boots are a little more expensive but save a ton of time on your knees or back wrestling with the fix.

NYSUPstater

I like SLO’s idea for complete replacement. Cut it out, replace with new components and if it’s too tight to glue it use rubber boots to join the parts together. Boots are a little more expensive but save a ton of time on your knees or back wrestling with the fix.
Not to mention that once you cut it off, pipes area whole lot shorter now, so the rubber boots may be just the trick.

Hollandt

just bought a used big horn. the gray water 3" pipe has a small stress fracture. see photos. I circled the fracture in red in pic 7693. could I put super glue on it, or something else rather then pull the plumbing since it goes up into the rig?
thx for any tips....
There have been many good tips for fixing. However you need to ask the question why it broke. Is it just bad angles on the original plumbing job or is one or both of the tanks dropping from the original position. I suggest you check the tank supports. 30 gals is over 250 lbs when full.

centerline

I agree that a replacemt would be the best, but a crack lile that may be sealable by prying it so the crack opens a little, then pressure wash it clean the get the debris out as best you can, then using compressed air to blow dry it...

Wipe abs primer on/in the crack, and then apply the abs glue, which if the crack is stressed open, the glue can be gently blown in with air.. then allow it to close back up...and painting it with more abs glue... this should be a permanent fix, until the fitting gets over stressed again...

Personally, it doesnt make sense to use anything other than abs cement..