2016 big horn 3160 - won't add city water through city water valve

scottknight1

just bought this 5th wheel used. I have a filter and water pressure gauge and gallon meter on my fresh water hose. have good flow when running the water onto the lawn. when hose line is attached to city water inlet and the black handle is pointing to city water, I can't get water to go into the tank.

rhodies1

You must point the valve to the location marked tank. Tank fills the tank...normal is to pump water out of the tank using your pump and city is when you are hooked to city and water to get after out of the taps

scottknight1

thx for the quick tip!!! that worked! I added 65 gallons, but it says it's only 1/3 full... interesting...
so if you hook to city water, you get to bypass the water pump?
appreciate all the advice.
I'm a newbie RV owner.... so learning bath by fire..

Dahillbilly

yes no pump needed when on city water; TANK, fills the tank; Dry Camping is when you use the pump; Winterize is when yo uuse a short hose & sipon from a jug/pail using the pump

wdk450

thx for the quick tip!!! that worked! I added 65 gallons, but it says it's only 1/3 full... interesting...
so if you hook to city water, you get to bypass the water pump?
appreciate all the advice.
I'm a newbie RV owner.... so learning bath by fire..
Re: " I added 65 gallons, but it says it's only 1/3 full" OEM tank monitoring systems are notoriously inaccurate, and pretty much useless.

If you want to do the work and spend the money, look into the SeeLevel tank monitoring systems: