2016 - Las Vegas Rally - Discussion Thread

G-town

Just to clarify. Will there be any vendors at the Rally? Will there be any representation from Heartland? Will there be a technician to ask questions to?
Thanks

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
I don't think there will be anyone working on coaches like they do in Elkhart...but maybe some of the reps and production managers will be there.

Last edited:

jbeletti

Just to clarify. Will there be any vendors at the Rally? Will there be any representation from Heartland? Will there be a technician to ask questions to?
Thanks

Bob summed it up right. There will "likely" be some brand reps there. I will be there as well.

Probably only a couple of vendors.

No technicians planned to be there as we don't do that outside of Goshen (except once in Gillette, WY).

BLHFUN

Bart and Lory - it will be a lot different than when the rally is held in Goshen. Major differences are:
- No service team
- Only a couple of seminars
- Probably no Marketplace (vendor hall)
- Entertainment and Meals "may be" off-site
- No factory tour

Ok. Thank you! 100plus Heartland owners in Vegas..... Sound fun! :) Looks like the next Goshen rally is in order though.

Thank Jim!

wdk450

Bob summed it up right. There will "likely" be some brand reps there. I will be there as well.

Probably only a couple of vendors.

No technicians planned to be there as we don't do that outside of Goshen (except once in Gillette, WY).

I would send out invites to Mac The Fire Guy and Henderson's Line Up as vendors. Maybe RV Dish Network and Direct TV vendors. Since Thousand Trails has a resort in Las Vegas, I wonder if they would be interested in a booth? I think there are a number of RV Resort timeshares or buy your space type places in both Las Vegas and the nearby Colorado River strip (Las Vegas to Blythe) that might be interested in a booth.

Bob&Patty

Bill thats a good idea...but remember there are no building at Oasis for them to set up in like a RV show. Oasis might not allow it.

MTPockets

RV scales/weighing service? We had this service when we began full timing at our very first rally in Williston, FL and found it to be helpful... Also is what caused us to get DRW. I for one would do it to see where we stand almost four years later.

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
RV scales/weighing service? We had this service when we began full timing at our very first rally in Williston, FL and found it to be helpful... Also is what caused us to get DRW. I for one would do it to see where we stand almost four years later.

I concur MT. I'd love to get my new rig weighed now that I've kind of got things settled in. The company that did the weighing in Goshen would be perfect if you could get them to come Jim, and had a place where they could set up.

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Shane and Jaime with RVSEF are heartland owners and HOC members as far as I know. They were in Urbanna. I would think they would come if Jim asked them and their schedule permitted it. Who knows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bob&Patty

Keith, find a CAT scale at a truck stop and use it. Cost $10 and you can go back as many times as you want on the $10 the same day. The scales are segmated so you can weigh all the axles at the same time and get the weights on each axle. IE..steering, drive, and trailer axles. Fill up with fuel before you weigh it. You could un-hook the trailer and just weigh both axles on the TV 1st....then hook up and weigh the whole mess...then subtract the loaded weight from the empty weight of the drive axle...volia...the pin weight.

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Wheel by wheel is a ton better than just driving across the cat scales.

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
Keith, find a CAT scale at a truck stop and use it. Cost $10 and you can go back as many times as you want on the $10 the same day. The scales are segmated so you can weigh all the axles at the same time and get the weights on each axle. IE..steering, drive, and trailer axles. Fill up with fuel before you weigh it. You could un-hook the trailer and just weigh both axles on the TV 1st....then hook up and weigh the whole mess...then subtract the loaded weight from the empty weight of the drive axle...volia...the pin weight.

Thanks Bob. I thought about doing just that, but I really like the way they did my old rig in Goshen 2 years ago. I'd like to see if they will come to the Rally. Heck, the way my wife goes through trailers, I may have a different on by the time we get to Las Vegas.:):) (sure hope she's not reading my posts):eek::rolleyes:

jbeletti

Shane and Jaime with RVSEF are heartland owners and HOC members as far as I know. They were in Urbanna. I would think they would come if Jim asked them and their schedule permitted it. Who knows.

Their boss might know :) Seriously though, I sent Walter Cannon (RVSEF) an email last week to see if we can get Shane and Jamie or another crew. I've also corresponded with Oasis to see if they have a usable space for weighing. We shall see.

jbeletti

Okay - we're 7 days into the survey and so far - 149 rally units have said YES - we "plan" to be there.

If you have not responded to the survey and you PLAN to come to the Vegas rally - please vote in the survey now. Here's a link.

Thanks all!

As of 6-Sep-2015 at 8:00 PM CST:
Rally Units:149RVs:148HOTELS:1

Bones

Okay - we're 7 days into the survey and so far - 149 rally units have said YES - we "plan" to be there.

If you have not responded to the survey and you PLAN to come to the Vegas rally - please vote in the survey now. Here's a link.

Thanks all!

As of 6-Sep-2015 at 8:00 PM CST:
Rally Units:149RVs:148HOTELS:1
Although I think this trip would be awesome, I am sad to say we won't be going with school schedules and the distance to vegas from the east coast.

dundee49

Alberta Chapter Leaders
Arlene and I will be there for all the days. Looks like we may have about 5 others from Alberta joining us