2017 Bighorn 3160 shower stress cracks

DickO

We just picked up our 2017 BH 3160 last week. Today I was waxing the shower and found 3 areas with stress cracks. BUMMER New unit and need a new shower. :(

firemailwv

That really stinks. That's awful for you to have that happen with your brand new coach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rxbristol

I knew someone else with this problem (another brand) and it came from the shower not being properly supported. If you get a new shower, make sure modifications are made to support it properly.

sengli

One of the first things they install as part of the interior build is the shower stall. I cant see how they could get the old stall out of a finished coach, for replacement. These stalls are made a place right down the road from us.

Bri4Sis

We just picked up our 2017 BH 3160 last week. Today I was waxing the shower and found 3 areas with stress cracks. BUMMER New unit and need a new shower. :(
We also just purchased a RW 427 and found one stress crack to the left of the shower head. In for other warranty work right now

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Piperflyer

How is Heartland telling you how they are going to fix this problem?

DickO

Bob Pierson at Heartland has stepped up. He has arranged to have the cracks fixed and will extend my warranty. No way to get old surround out or new one in. We have an appointment set up at RV Renovations in Mesa. AZ.

rxbristol

Bob Pierson at Heartland has stepped up. He has arranged to have the cracks fixed and will extend my warranty. No way to get old surround out or new one in. We have an appointment set up at RV Renovations in Mesa. AZ.

Let us know how the cracks are fixed. I hope all works out for you.

Bri4Sis

Will let you know. Just dropped it off yesterday

They had a company come out Thursday. Yep almost a month later and fixed the stress crack in about 1 hour. Did a fantastic job with the stress crack. But they taped around the area just like he said they always do to protect the area around where he is working and when he pulled the tape off it ripped the wall paper off as well. Now we are in contact with Heartland again to get the wall paper issue fixed