2017 Goshen Rally - Entertainment

jbeletti

Update for 26-Feb
Thank you everyone for your suggestions. I chased down many of them. In most cases, they were outside my budget range for this rally, but thank you just the same.

Rally entertainment has been determined and hired. One evening, we'll have a band that will be primarily Chicago (the band). Another evening, we'll have a band that will focus mostly on Country music. Should be fun!

Follow this link to the Entertainment Guide to learn learn about other area entertainment opportunities for you to consider "on your own".

4-Jan Post
I have yet to hire any entertainers.

I would like some feedback here - but first, if we can all agree on a few things... :)

1. We all have different tastes in entertainment. Some do not care for music in a small setting as it's too loud, some do not care for comedians (or mimes:p) etc.
  2. For those who love live music, some loathe cover bands, some will only stay if we have country music, some have asked for a square dance caller. I like disco - some don't :eek:
  3. No matter what is chosen, not everyone will be satisfied
Can we agree on these statements?

This all said, I really would like some feedback. In the context of a rally, in a long narrow rally hall such as ours, what type of entertainment would you like me to hire? Feel free to give me more than one of your thoughts.

Okay, rapid fire, go!

Last edited:

MTPockets

Re: 2017 Goshen rally - Entertainment

Magic show, mind reader, illusionist, contortionist, acrobatics, vaudeville.........

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
2017 Goshen rally - Entertainment

Jim, just toss the money out in $20.00 dollar bills, as you move around the room! I think many would enjoy that.

Ah, but seriously, that's a tough question. Personally, I'd like to have visiting time more than listening to music, or bigger better door prizes, or silent auction, just for a few ideas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kbvols

We are music people....a good DJ can play a variety of tunes and get the crowd going. Good German polka bands are always fun Zicke,zacke,zicke,zacke, hoi, hoi,hoi......

Only suggestions.....whatever you decide I am sure will be good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

franks1

Retired Alabama Chapter Leaders

A band that plays oldie goldies from the 60's and 70's

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired

Just no disco or gangster rap...lol

jassson007

I do like Erica's idea though of bigger and better door prizes.

Rottiesmom

New York Chapter Leader - retired

I have yet to hire any entertainers.

I would like some feedback here - but first, if we call all agree on a few things... :)

1. We all have different tastes in entertainment. Some do not care for music in a small setting as it's too loud, some do not care for comedians (or mimes:p) etc.
  2. For those who love live music, some loathe cover bands, some will only stay if we have country music, some have asked for a square dance caller. I like disco - some don't :eek:
  3. No matter what is chosen, not everyone will be satisfied
Can we agree on these statements?

This all said, I really would like some feedback. In the context of a rally, in a long narrow rally hall such as ours, what type of entertainment would you like me to hire? Feel free to give me more than one of your thoughts.

Okay, rapid fire, go!

You are right on all the above.

I would love to have another band playing 50's and 60's music as I was unable the last time to be able to dance. A Comedian is a good idea too but anything your team puts together or the majority wants is fine with me.

jbeletti

Keep the ideas coming.

What Andy - no DISCO! Maybe you just don't have the right wardrobe to fit in on Disco Night.

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders

I like the 60's - 70's era band or DJ idea. Sorry Jim, no disco for me either. I liked the Beatles type group you had one year.

But having said that, I have never been disappointed in the selected entertainment, no matter what it is. The year you hired the hypnotist was a riot. Just ask Kevin. Oh wait, he doesn't remember. But the rest of us do.:D:D

JJnVA

We enjoy 50s, 60s, 70s music that you can really dance to and know the words:eek:. Also like the comedians who involve the audience (the comedian in Urbanna was hilarious). And like others have said, the entertainment at past rallies has always been great - we enjoy variety! Good job, Jim

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired

I enjoy the bands and DJs. But like many people, we like to sit around the table and have a conversation with friends. Sometimes it makes it difficult because of how loud the music is. And I think that's why some people leave.

Oh my, I can't believe I just complained about the loudness of music. Who would've thought that you hit 40 years old and the music is too loud. I'm getting OLD!!

jassson007

I enjoy the bands and DJs. But like many people, we like to sit around the table and have a conversation with friends. Sometimes it makes it difficult because of how loud the music is. And I think that's why some people leave.

Oh my, I can't believe I just complained about the loudness of music. Who would've thought that you hit 40 years old and the music is too loud. I'm getting OLD!!

If it's too loud you're too old...lol.

jimtoo

How about Jeff Dunham and a couple of his buddies, Bubba and Walter? Probably to expensive but might check.

Jim M

BHEWITTJR

Jim, I'm with you on the disco music. It reminds me of high school.

porthole

Retired

Music is good. So far all the entertainment has been good.
Things like the Hypno were enjoyable, but probably not for a third time as much.

I like many types of music, and although I really do like the Beatles, I don't like 2+ hours of them, unless there was a skip button.

And my favorite all time is Led Zep (or PF), but that doesn't mean I would want to listen to 2+ hours of them either (unless, by some chance you get the 3 originals and junior, then I'm your Huckleberry - sign me up)

jbeletti

Music is good. So far all the entertainment has been good.
Things like the Hypno were enjoyable, but probably not for a third time as much.

I like many types of music, and although I really do like the Beatles, I don't like 2+ hours of them, unless there was a skip button.

And my favorite all time is Led Zep (or PF), but that doesn't mean I would want to listen to 2+ hours of them either (unless, by some chance you get the 3 originals and junior, then I'm your Huckleberry - sign me up)

I'd sign up Pink Floyd if they were touring and would work for under $5k :) Saw them at Angels Stadium in Anaheim in 1977. Great show!

jassson007

I could go for that too. Lol