2017 Goshen Rally - Technical Presentations

jbeletti

Roofing - what to look for and how to patch for beginners? There are posts about water leaks on the forum. It would be good to know how the address patching various scenarios (like cap seems, rubber roof holes, etc).
Working on getting Dicor to the rally and have asked for a focus on cleaning and maintenance.

jbeletti

Since Lippert is probably going to be there it would be nice to maybe get a briefing on the level up and slide hydraulics systems as to things like how they work, what each of the components do and their general locations (i.e., control panel, "brains", manifold, control valves, pump); an overview of the general routing of the hydraulic lines and what the lines are used for (i.e., pressure line, return line, etc.); and possibly some tips on diagnostic procedures that owners could perform. I have had to figure most of this out on my own by reading the manuals and discussions with Lippert and Heartland tech support. . . .
This is happening - to a degree. There won't be a coach there to show typical mounting locations and hose runs but it can be discussed in the abstract. Lippert will be doing his session and they don't mount this stuff - Heartland does.

jbeletti

Sorry Jim, I already posted on the main thread but if an ONAN rep could be there for discussions on their products, trouble shooting, and repairs, it would be nice for those of us with that option. There has been more posts and complaints on the forum regarding the Onans.
In talks with Cummins-Onan to do a presentation. This is looking good.

violinini1

I would like to see a comprehensive suggested way of upgrading your 5th wheel to using an inverter. Including what needs to stay, (i.e. converter, switches, etc.) and what needs to go. Best place for installation, some do's and don't's. Thank you,

jbeletti

I would like to see a comprehensive suggested way of upgrading your 5th wheel to using an inverter. Including what needs to stay, (i.e. converter, switches, etc.) and what needs to go. Best place for installation, some do's and don't's. Thank you,
Additionally, do you mean to include solar panels and charging as part of what you want to hear more about?

jbeletti

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. This interests me. Trouble is that I am out of presentation slots. I've also already used an entire afternoon that was going to be dark (Wednesday). That said, my wheels are turning and I've chosen my "marks". Emails have been sent. We shall see. If anything comes of this, it will be a "primer" only. No time for an in-depth / deep dive. But hopefully informative enough to encourage those who feel they have a need and do have a desire to learn more.

StrongJava

In the meantime, have you read the series published in the MyHeartland Blog? Here is part I.

Tim

violinini1

Additionally, do you mean to include solar panels and charging as part of what you want to hear more about?
Yes,
That would be great. My biggest concern is what type of sub-panel should I use, where to install it? It looks like most of my A/C outlets that I use are on one side of the 50 AMP and only the front A/C is on the other side, is this correct? Just going by the amperage readings, I have not yet tried to trace the circuits. Of course, I have read all of the known forums and the Magnum installation instructions, but there are unique things to the Big Horn that I would like to find out. For instance, no one seems to talk about balance between the two 50 AMP circuits. It does not seem to be balanced now, so is that a myth? I have an idea of which circuits I want to use through the inverter, but how, if any, does that affect the other circuits? I have some background in electrical circuits, but the devil is in the details.

jbeletti

Yes,
That would be great. My biggest concern is what type of sub-panel should I use, where to install it? It looks like most of my A/C outlets that I use are on one side of the 50 AMP and only the front A/C is on the other side, is this correct? Just going by the amperage readings, I have not yet tried to trace the circuits. Of course, I have read all of the known forums and the Magnum installation instructions, but there are unique things to the Big Horn that I would like to find out. For instance, no one seems to talk about balance between the two 50 AMP circuits. It does not seem to be balanced now, so is that a myth? I have an idea of which circuits I want to use through the inverter, but how, if any, does that affect the other circuits? I have some background in electrical circuits, but the devil is in the details.
Don - if we can find a speaker for this, the session will not be tailored to your specific use case. Rather, it will be more general, covering a range of items that many wish to hear about. From it, you should be able to take away some good info as we hope will others.

violinini1

Don - if we can find a speaker for this, the session will not be tailored to your specific use case. Rather, it will be more general, covering a range of items that many wish to hear about. From it, you should be able to take away some good info as we hope will others.

Thank you for your help on this.
Don

jbeletti

The Technical Presentations schedule is nearly complete. If you wish to see who's presenting, on what and when, download the DRAFT version of the schedule in post # 1 of this thread.

Please note that a few listed presentations are tentative, pending confirmation from the presenter.

As always, presentations, dates and times are subject to change.

A final version of all schedules will be in your rally packets in your rally bags.