2017 Heartland Cyclone 3611JS HD

rocrider50

Hello,

We recently picked up a 2017 3611JS. WE ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT. This is our first 5th wheel, but our 3rd new trailer in 10 months. Expensive lesson to learn! Being new to the TT game, we started off with a Heartland North Trail 24BHS Caliber Edition. For our first trailer it was great. It had everything we wanted and it was a great introduction to glamping and creating life long memories with my family.

My family is made up of 6 people, my wife and I plus our 4 kids, ages 15, 13, 11 and 10. All was well until it got cold and started raining. We were locked inside the trailer and quickly learned we needed more space as we were crammed in there like sardines. The pic below shows the last day we spent in that TT as we traded it in the next day.

We then stepped up to a 2016 Rockwood 8311WS Ultra Series Diamond Edition that was loaded to the hilt! It had all of the amenities our NT 24BHS Caliber had and then some. It added 2 more slides and WAY, WAY more room. We loved this trailer as well and enjoyed many trips with it.

And then we went on our Memorial Day trip to El Gulfo, Mexico. This place is awesome! It's about 1.5hrs south of Yuma, AZ. There are sand dunes to ride in and the warm waters of the Sea of Cortez are a blast to swim in. Everybody out there but us had quads, side by sides, motorcycles and buggies. We found ourselves wishing we too had dirt toys to play with. So on the return trip home speaking with the wife and kids, we knew we wanted to pick up some dirt toys and a toy hauler to bring them in. The problem was my wife did not want to lose any of the luxury that our Rockwood had priovided. So the search was on!

After a whole lot of research, walk throughs at the dealerships, browsing forums etc. We chose the Cyclone 3611JS. We looked at the Raptors, Voltage's and Grand Design's over and over and every single time kept coming back to the 3611JS. There simply is nothing out there at the moment that can touch it. We instantly fell in love with the layout and are so happy with choosing it.

Our TV is a 2015 Ram 2500 6.7L Diesel (short bed 6'4") that has a Pullrite SuperGlide 24K auto sliding hitch and ISR HD mounting kit. I also added air bags to level out the truck when loaded as well as a separate stand alone compressor to fill the tires on the TV back up after deflating them to ride through the sand. The 5th wheel hitch setup allows quick removal of it when not in use and leaves a much cleaner looking bed. We keep a 2017 Yamaha Raptor 700R, 2017 Polaris RZR 170 SXS, and a Yamaha 2011 Raptor 250 in the garage. The newest edition is a 2017 Yamaha Raptor 90 that we also bring in another trailer. (4 kids remember? Nobody likes to wait for their turn to ride! :D ) We are SOOOOO happy with choosing the Cyclone 3611JS. BEST DECISION EVER!!!!

Ok How did you get that Razor in sideways? Forklift?

Pinoy

Ok How did you get that Razor in sideways? Forklift?

It really isnt' too bad. The RZR 170 is just under 500 lbs. Although I usually do it myself, having a person at opposing corners makes it easier. The trick is to slide vs just lifting. I start with the RZR on the right side, and then swing the rear end to left. I line it up next to the sliding door and then ratchet it down. It's pretty much 2nd nature to me now.