2017 Landmark 365 Newport and 5th wheel hitch

Cory395

I was advised that the design of the front cap on my new 2017 LM 365 Newport was such that a slider hitch was not necessary for my F350 Short Bed P/U. I was told due to the angled design of the cap that tighter turns
could be achieved w/o danger to the 5th wheel contacting the back of my truck's cab. Is this correct information? I would rather not spend the $$$ on the sliding hitch and just buy a a fixed one. Can you advise?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
There are a lot of opinions on whether or not to have a slider. Some have them and never used it and some want to have it just in case.
I towed for 8 years with a short bed and no slider. Never needed it.
But, if you are on very uneven ground there is a chance that the truck or trailer could sway on that uneven ground and you could make contact.
This once happened to my brother.
Personally I feel I don't need a slider. Oops, disclaimer, I now have a long bed RAM but if I still had my short bed GMC I would not , didn't have, a slider.
It comes down to what makes you comfortable.
You will get more opinions.

Peace
Dave

Wanderlust

I was advised that the design of the front cap on my new 2017 LM 365 Newport was such that a slider hitch was not necessary for my F350 Short Bed P/U. I was told due to the angled design of the cap that tighter turns
could be achieved w/o danger to the 5th wheel contacting the back of my truck's cab. Is this correct information? I would rather not spend the $$$ on the sliding hitch and just buy a a fixed one. Can you advise?

I agree with the post below in regulates to your vehicles towing capacity. We had a dodge Laramie 2500 diesel short bed and had to upgrade our truck to a dually to haul this big girl. I would verify your tow capacity. Full, this unto could be upwards of 18k and you shouldn't be at your max towing capability for you vehicle for safety issues.

But if it your vehicle is good I don't know that you would have a problem. The Newport rows nicely with ours.

Congrats on your coach!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk