2018 big country leaking cap

dadnjesse

My 2018 3560SS has a leak around the front cap. Last summer I tried to seal around it with non leveling Dicor. this spring I noticed it was still leaking so I brought it to a big auto body place that works on RV's. I just received a call from them, they removed the decorative cap that covers the seam and found missing screws and basically little to no sealant around the seam. No wonder it leaks. I bought this brand new and have only around 200 miles on it. Nobody has every touched it before. Will Heartland stand behind this lousy work? I have had it a few years then covid hit it it has just sat.

2019_V22

Best to have your service center where it's at doccument, and take pics. Take that to heartland and see if they will reimburse.

dadnjesse

Best to have your service center where it's at doccument, and take pics. Take that to heartland and see if they will reimburse.
I asked them to do just that. I called Heartland yesterday to ask if they had any advise on repairing it but they were of no help. That was before the shop had evaluated it. I will call again to see if they will change there mind when I have documented proof of their workmanship.

rhodies1

Chances are they won’t do a thing. They will say it’s to old and you didn’t due your maintenance.
That’s their way out to deny any blame.

dadnjesse

I like putting wide Eternabond tape on the roof endcap sealing surfaces.

(Eternabond Description and Warranty)
I would do that for the Roof, but it's leaking along the sides and that will look like crap. Plus the cap has a curve down the side and I could never get it straight

dadnjesse

Chances are they won’t do a thing. They will say it’s to old and you didn’t due your maintenance.
That’s their way out to deny any blame.
Your probably right. But where did the screws go. And removing that seal cover shouldn't be on me.

2019_V22

I was refraining from throwing them under the bus, but it's clear the live under the bus on their own.

wdk450

I would do that for the Roof, but it's leaking along the sides and that will look like crap. Plus the cap has a curve down the side and I could never get it straight
If you live in a rainy, and/or snowy climate, you need to evaluate the idea of "looking like crap" versus the strong possibility of water induced wood rot of the wood RV framing and sheeting. My Bighorn has been in arid southern California most of its life, and I know that knowledgeable used RV buyers look for vehicles from Arizona/ Southern California for this very reason.