2018 Cyclone 4005 couch removal?

HPnMORE4J

Help..🤪

Scratching my head while and getting my hands and arms stuck trying to get to the screws that hold the couches in order to remove them. I can't gain access to even get my hand in where they are let alone a screw driver. I must be missing something. Any experience with this would be well appreciated!

LBR

Help..🤪

Scratching my head while and getting my hands and arms stuck trying to get to the screws that hold the couches in order to remove them. I can't gain access to even get my hand in where they are let alone a screw driver. I must be missing something. Any experience with this would be well appreciated!
We have a 3 piece sectional...2 recliners outboard with a center console. I raised both recliner's footfeet for more working room, laid on the floor, and used my 1/4" drive ratchet, 1/4" socket, and an R2 bit. Both recliners had screws in front and back, but not tight at all and came out easy. The console didn't have any as it locks to the 2 recliners.

Attachments

• IMG_20210607_134236275.jpg
    IMG_20210607_134236275.jpg
    349.2 KB · Views: 28

david-steph2018

On our unit when facing the couch you need to start the removal from the left hand side. The backs are held on with 2 tabs that need to be pushed and lift off the back. Reach into the area between the back and seat you will find the brackets. This is just like a recliner you would use in a house.
After this there was 2 screws in the brace going into the floor. As said above there should be some screws in the front bracket, raise the footrest to access. Once this is done the recliners are held together with 2 tabs to each other. The loose recliner will need to to slide either front or back, about 1/2" then lift it up. So you will have the recliners in 2 pieces, which makes it allot easier to handle.

I have an experience in removing a couch from my friend's RV, several years ago. Discarding the jackknife mechanism from the wooden frame is a tough job. Removing the top and bottom of the couch is simple compared with this. david-steph2018 explained the steps very well. Me and my friend suffered a lot for the removal at that time. We were stuck in between removing the bottom portion of the couch. We only done it because of the bad condition of the couch and we have given an agreement with the furniture removal team to dispose of it. But after removing the couch we were at cloud nine. Anyway, I'm sure that you can also complete this task of couch removal well.

HPnMORE4J

I see that there are only 2 screws on the back bottom part of the frame holding each side down.
But getting to them is another thing, not enough space to get my arm in to even use a ratchet.

david-steph2018

I see that there are only 2 screws on the back bottom part of the frame holding each side down.
But getting to them is another thing, not enough space to get my arm in to even use a ratchet.
Did you get the back off? Yes it is a pain, but once you can figure it out it will go easier. You may need to disassemble the next section to reach back there. If you have a cordless reversible drill see if you can use really long extensions added together if needed, and a mirror to see the screws.