2018 Landmark Phoenix issues

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I, too, attended a Deming’s seminar back in the ‘80’s. And TQM, the Crosby training, etc. Problem with all of that is they sent the lower levels through all of it but the upper management and CEO’s avoided it. End result, little implementation, but it looked good in the advertising.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AnthonyA

Everyone has been giving some very valuable information that I wish I had before hand. Live and learn I suppose.
As the list of issues continued to grow since my original post I decided it was about time to call Heartland.
I spoke to David and told him about all the issues that I was having. Needless to say he was speechless.
I provided him a detailed list of all the problems and some pictures for his manufacturing team. He said he would let me know when he got my email. I haven't heard from him yet so perhaps I better call him tomorrow.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

TxRoadWarrior362

Everyone has been given some very valuable information that I wish I had before hand. Live and learn I suppose.
As a list of issues continue to grow since my original post I decided it was about time to call Heartland.
I spoke to David and told him about all the issues that I was having. Needless to say he was speechless.
I provided him a detailed list of all the problems and some pictures for his manufacturing team. He said he would let me know when he got my email. I haven't heard from him yet so perhaps I better call him tomorrow.

Anthony Davis with Heartland warranty is a stand up guy. He helped us with issues that most companies would ignore. I believe he is in upper management with Heartland. Our factory warranty expired last December, but Anthony was a light on some dim moments, and made things right. You might want to ask for him.

p.s. I'm sure he's happy I shared his name, but when you find integrity, share it.

rdgt67

Heartland was quick to tell me that my warrenty was expired when I ask sbout the cracks on my exterior wall. Less than 1500 towing miles on a 2015 key west. Shove them out and hope for the best. I have checked other blogs and tgey all have issues.

MrRvGypsy

Hello folks, im looking for some feedback for some issues we have been experiencing with our new luxury rig.

Within 2 days of setting up our 5th wheel for the first time we experienced these issues.

#2 - The shelving in the pantry has collapsed with the weight of just a few cans of food.

I'm not quite sure how the quality department works at Heartland but I do Quality Inspection for a living and I am just flat-out disturbed by what we have experienced.

Am I overreacting or is this typical?

Is this "normal" to experience issues like this? I never would have expected this in a $100,000 Luxury 5th wheel.

Our dealer is doing a fantastic job in getting the warranty process going but I really would also like to hear some feedback from Heartland. The whole reason we bought a Heartland product was to get away from these types of issues.

So disappointed but not surprised to hear that your pantry shelving collapsed. Every kitchen drawer bottom and pantry shelf collapsed in our Landmark with in the first 2 month's of ownership. They were not designed to carry anything heavy than paper plates, plastic cutlery and empty plastic containers if you intended to tow your unit rather than park it in a seasonal park it seems. I had to re-inforce every drawer bottom with additional cleats and replace the plastic pantry shelving supports with real wood cleats.

Regarding your plumbing leaks I would recommend you pull your unit apart and find all the plumbing fittings as I found that most of mine were all loose. I wish you all the best with your unit. As a Quality Inspection Professional I hope you do not find as many thing's lacking as I have with my unit.

porthole

Retired
Regarding your plumbing leaks I would recommend you pull your unit apart and find all the plumbing fittings as I found that most of mine were all loose.

I would recommend that with any brand or type of RV. The first few hot and cold cycles through untested water lines and simple screw on couplers in a vehicle the rumbling down the road is liable to have connections loosen up.

AnthonyA

I would recommend that with any brand or type of RV. The first few hot and cold cycles through untested water lines and simple screw on couplers in a vehicle the rumbling down the road is liable to have connections loosen up.
In regards to this subject, is it recommended that I use any kind of putty or Teflon tape to keep the threads from backing out?

porthole

Retired
In regards to this subject, is it recommended that I use any kind of putty or Teflon tape to keep the threads from backing out?

I never have, boats, RV's or stick & bricks.

I am not referring to tapered - pipe thread type of fittings, just the usual mix of stuff you find in RV's