2019 3/4 ton duramax srw w/ air bags towing Torque TQ371

wilsonk1

Hi,

I've seen some questions regarding towing a TQ371 with a 3/4 ton duramax, but haven't found if anyone's asked about a 2019 model z71 duramax srw with air bags in the rear. Does this seem on the safer side being 2k under max towing plus added pin weight with the bags when aired up or do members feel this is still pushing the limits? Thanks for any info!

danemayer

Hi Wilsonk1,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

Adding airbags levels the truck but may not help with weight and balance. In good weather, at lower speeds, it won't make much difference, other than perhaps excess wear on the rear end components. In bad weather and at higher speeds, you could have a serious handling problem. For example, someone cuts you off forcing an emergency lane change on wet pavement at 65 mph with an unbalance truck.

david-steph2018

Hi,

I've seen some questions regarding towing a TQ371 with a 3/4 ton duramax, but haven't found if anyone's asked about a 2019 model z71 duramax srw with air bags in the rear. Does this seem on the safer side being 2k under max towing plus added pin weight with the bags when aired up or do members feel this is still pushing the limits? Thanks for any info!

What are your weights now? Take the truck as you will have it for a trip get it weighed. Weigh again with the trailer hooked up and then you will know the pin weight, the rear end weight, trailer axles weights, etc.... If you are wondering about the air bags allowing more weight after the 2nd weight, put air in and re-weigh the rig just like the 2nd time. Make sure you take the family with you and load the truck, trailer as for a trip. Compare the 2nd & 3rd weights and you will be able to find out if airing the air bags do increase the cargo carrying capacity of the truck. Without the real numbers everything would be a guess.
After weighing you could either put the numbers here or decide if you feel safe or pushing the limits.

CDN

B and B
Hello,

I just looked at this Toyhauler specs. It is 17,000 lbs GVWR. Air Bags will not increase Cargo Carrying Capacity to meet pin weight. As shipped pin weight is 3200 lbs. This fifth wheel is 1 ton territory.

mikeandconnie

I think your max payload weight is at your tires. Bags will not help. I ride level and smooth with my Duramax without bags.
18000 Landmark. Correct me if I wrong

NYSUPstater

Hello,

I just looked at this Toyhauler specs. It is 17,000 lbs GVWR. Air Bags will not increase Cargo Carrying Capacity to meet pin weight. As shipped pin weight is 3200 lbs. This fifth wheel is 1 ton territory.

I'd go 1 step further and say DRW territory.

scayne62

I pull this with a 2019 SRW 3500 dmax, I do use airbags to improve the ride and level it up but I would not want to pull that beast with anything less. I am pushing it with my SRW.

Last edited: