2019 Heartland Sundance bunk room electric slide not tracking in or out evenly-

Drewg

I noticed the slide having trouble coming in and out. I am seeing the slide closest to the front seemed to lead when you bring it in and then the back section continues to come in by about 4 inches delayed to seal and close. When you bring it out the rear section moves first and leads out. I not sure the cause. Motoring or gearing out of sync I have an enclosed underbelly I have no idea if or where this model has panel for each motor other than the main control. It is a tight fit walls on both side 4-6 inches. Any ideas? I almost got stuck getting it in a campground because of how it was tracking

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    974 KB · Views: 20
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    559.7 KB · Views: 20

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I noticed the slide having trouble coming in and out. I am seeing the slide closest to the front seemed to lead when you bring it in and then the back section continues to come in by about 4 inches delayed to seal and close. When you bring it out the rear section moves first and leads out. I not sure the cause. Motoring or gearing out of sync I have an enclosed underbelly I have no idea if or where this model has panel for each motor other than the main control. It is a tight fit walls on both side 4-6 inches. Any ideas? I almost got stuck getting it in a campground because of how it was tracking
It looks like you have Schwintek slide mechanisms.
Clicking the Tools button in the menu bar at the top of this page will get you to the instructions for that. Or you can click HERE.

Peace
Dave

Drewg

Thanks I did find that manual, just can’t figure out where that control panel would be and if this seems like needed to reset to two motors
Did not know if anyone else has done this

Drewg

I did find the controller by removing the panel at the bottom of the pantry
Now just need to piece together which fix goes with my issue

greatheron

MD Chapter Member
We were just stuck for three days in NJ with a slide that would not retract. You can try the controller reset first. YouTube videos are helpful as I found one that showed how to re-sync Schwintek slides. In their example, the slide was all the way in. They ran it out 3 or 4 inches, then back in holding the switch until there was no more motor sounds, creaking, etc. They say to repeat the procedure four or five times and it should re-sync the slide/controller. I would check some YouTube videos. In our case the slide was out and we were attempting to retract it, but it started getting crooked like your picture shows and one end was drooping and started grinding the gear rail track, so we stopped. Ended up disengaging motors on top and it took four men to even it up in the opening, jack up one end and finally push it in! Now, ours was a 14 ft. slide-in-slide, so is pretty heavy. Now, who knows a repair place that will work on it?!?!?! Used Good Sam road service and must have contacted a dozen places, but no one wanted to touch it! Not Good Sam's fault, they exhausted all their leads in a two hour travel radius.

Drewg

Thanks for the reply
So I did the in and out 3-4 times and holding it for 3-5 seconds
It seemed to reset it and I was able to bring it all the way out nice and even
I notice it kinda looks like it went out further than the living room slide and doesn’t go in as far as living room slide
Hopefully at the end of this trip it will go back in evenly.