2019 Torque T31 - Issues

LorenB

We just got back from a 2200 mile trip from California to New Mexico. While on the trip we discovered that the bolts on one of the shackles were missing. Thankfully this didn't cause a horrible accident. My husband had to drive a long distance to get the parts to fix the issue. We are getting ready for our 2nd outing and will be dry camping. He was filling up the fresh water tank and heard a crashing sound under the trailer. One of the tank braces came lose and hit the ground. So glad it happened while we were still at home, not while towing it. I recommend that you check the your braces. He's at the hardware store getting whatever he needs to make yet another repair to our brand new trailer. :( Not feeling very confident with this trailer.

schew

So sorry to hear about your woes! You were missing an entire bolt? How could the shackle support the trailer without a bolt? Do you think they might have not torqued the nut down and the bolt worked it's way out? Hope you get all the Gremlins fixed so you can enjoy your vacation. We have a T31 and no "major" problems yet.. good luck and good trip..

jerryjay11

So sorry to hear about your woes! You were missing an entire bolt? How could the shackle support the trailer without a bolt? Do you think they might have not torqued the nut down and the bolt worked it's way out? Hope you get all the Gremlins fixed so you can enjoy your vacation. We have a T31 and no "major" problems yet.. good luck and good trip..
Weird! I've replaced the shackles and bolts on both my boat trailer and the last TT and the nuts used are self-locking. They aren't supposed to come loose.

Spacerat

We just got back from a 2200 mile trip from California to New Mexico. While on the trip we discovered that the bolts on one of the shackles were missing. Thankfully this didn't cause a horrible accident. My husband had to drive a long distance to get the parts to fix the issue. We are getting ready for our 2nd outing and will be dry camping. He was filling up the fresh water tank and heard a crashing sound under the trailer. One of the tank braces came lose and hit the ground. So glad it happened while we were still at home, not while towing it. I recommend that you check the your braces. He's at the hardware store getting whatever he needs to make yet another repair to our brand new trailer. :( Not feeling very confident with this trailer.

We have had a few growing pains with our T-31 as well, but nothing as bad as a tank strap crashing down. Maybe I better fill the tank and test this out.

LorenB

The saga continues with issues in our T31. I heard a dripping noise in the shower, thought it was the shower head until I listened to where it was coming from, behind the shower wall. One of the pex fittings behind the shower faucet is leaking. So he will be replacing the pex fitting. Also discovered that 2 screws fell out of one side of the happyjac system. He tried to put them back in, but the holes are stripped out. We'll be dropping the underbelly to investigate the tank brace issue. Have to say my husband was not happy discovering all this and only on our 2nd trip out in the trailer. I know all new trailers have issues, but this is getting ridiculous. Besides the trailer issues, we did have a great time camping and riding with our friends over the past 4 days.