2020 21RBSS Roof type-resealing

Dlhall

I have a 2020 21RBSS and am wondering about resealing the roof. It appears to be a vinyl-like substance covering the majority of the roof, and I'm concerned that eventually it will need to be resurfaced, so how do I do this? Do I peel this roof off and reseal with liquid rubber?

Bogie

I'm wondering why you want to replace the roof on a 3 year old RV. Is it damaged? Barring that, it should not need replacing that early.
Also if you are the original owner, it may still be under warranty.

The roof is most likely Dicor. Contact Heartland customer service if you are unsure. Normal maintenance of the roof is required. Every 3 months according to Heartlad Maintenance Schedule. Checking all caulking/sealing at all joints and re-caulking as necessary. You can find info on roof care HERE in the tools section of this forum.

sengli

The roof material (rubber looking stuff) itself is usually warrantied for 10-12 years. Whats not ever covered, including under your RVs warranty is all the caulked joints and seams everywhere. Having your roof replaced usually runs many thousands of dollars. Very few people have to do anything like that for 10 years or so, unless you have damage like from hail or something.

Look up RV armor, or crazy seal products

wdk450

I thought I would make a post on this thread about Henrys Tropi-Cool 887 elastomeric silicone roof coating that I have been recommending over the years. I think I heard whispers on online forums that the Henrys Roof Coating company had been bought by a Chinese concern a couple of years back. I can't speak to the quality of their current products, but a recent visit to Home Depot has set off the alarm bells in my head about the massive price increases on their Tropi-Cool 887 product line. The main paint in the 5 gallon pails has about doubled in price to around $400, and you will need about 2 of these 5 gallon pails for a 38 foot fiver. The optional seam sealer 1 gallon paint is now about $100, AND THE STANDARD SIZE CAULK TUBE (WHICH I USE REGULARLY) IS NOW $32 PER CAULK TUBE!!! I think I was paying around $10 for the caulk tubes before.

rhodies1

Everything has or is going through the roof these days.... a one gallon can of Tremclad Rust Paint is now up to 100 dollars. To bad everyone’s income couldn’t grow as fast as the price increases.

centerline

I thought I would make a post on this thread about Henrys Tropi-Cool 887 elastomeric silicone roof coating that I have been recommending over the years. I think I heard whispers on online forums that the Henrys Roof Coating company had been bought by a Chinese concern a couple of years back. I can't speak to the quality of their current products, but a recent visit to Home Depot has set off the alarm bells in my head about the massive price increases on their Tropi-Cool 887 product line. The main paint in the 5 gallon pails has about doubled in price to around $400, and you will need about 2 of these 5 gallon pails for a 38 foot fiver. The optional seam sealer 1 gallon paint is now about $100, AND THE STANDARD SIZE CAULK TUBE (WHICH I USE REGULARLY) IS NOW $32 PER CAULK TUBE!!! I think I was paying around $10 for the caulk tubes before.
.....and the dicor caulking is still $10 a tube at my local RV store.

wdk450

I think you need to use the Henrys 887 Tropi-Cool caulk on a roof treated with the Henrys 887 Tropi-Cool sealant coating due to the extreme slickness of the applied silicone coating, which might cause normal caulks to not adhere. You need to be VERY CAREFUL when you get up on the slippery roofs treated with this, especially if they are slightly moist from dew, etc. I normally just crawl, and don't stand up when I am on the roof now.
The good news is that the coating has sealed the roof very well from leaks in the deluge of "atmospheric rivers" California has been experiencing this winter/spring. Also, the sunny weather cooling effect of the high IR reflectance of the roof treatment has been pretty noticeable inside the trailer since I had it applied.
Lucky I had this done a few years ago when the prices were more reasonable.

Bobrckrt

Have a 2014 Heartland. Bought used and the roof was chalking and looking cracked at the caulked seams. Had roof done by RV Armor lifetime transferable guarantee. They did a great job no more worries. Expensive but worth it.