2020 Bighorn 3985RRD. Generator Prep

Heartland tells me according to my serial number that my unit has the Gen prep. The icon for generator is in the display pad. I do not see a transfer switch behind the wall and I have no wire pre in the Gen compartment. Anyone have any ideas. Thanks Tom

Hollandt

Heartland tells me according to my serial number that my unit has the Gen prep. The icon for generator is in the display pad. I do not see a transfer switch behind the wall and I have no wire pre in the Gen compartment. Anyone have any ideas. Thanks Tom
My transfer switch is actually fastened to the top of main power box unit with the breakers and fuses in it.

Hollandt

Nope. Did not see it there. Cord goes directly into panel.
If you are referring to the cord from the generator then that is probably the transfer switch. Please see attached picture. Small silver box is transfer switch. One orange cord is from gen, One from 30 amp hookup in my case, and one to fuse panel.1654720045513.jpeg

david-steph2018

On our Road Warrior the transfer switch is behind the basement wall, close to the water inlets. your transfer switch should be in the same area, if there is one. But do you have any exhaust pipes?
Since it is a Bighorn, assume you plan on a LP generator, any lines to the LP tanks for fuel.

On our Road Warrior the transfer switch is behind the basement wall, close to the water inlets. your transfer switch should be in the same area, if there is one. But do you have any exhaust pipes?
Since it is a Bighorn, assume you plan on a LP generator, any lines to the LP tanks for fuel.
No lp lines. Attached picture are wire lead in the generator compartment, they do not look heady enough for a generator, no start switch wires. I’ve confirmed with Heartland twice with my serial number and they claim it is prepped.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 14

Hollandt

No lp lines. Attached picture are wire lead in the generator compartment, they do not look heady enough for a generator, no start switch wires. I’ve confirmed with Heartland twice with my serial number and they claim it is prepped.
That looks like a 12 volt DC line?