2020 Fuel 352 cable tv issues

I'm looking for the coax cable routing (diagram) for our 2020 Fuel 352 toy hauler.

I sent a request to Heartland a week ago and got zero response.

There are 5 cable inlet connections on this rig. Not one of them marked. There are 3 cable outlets in the living room area. 2 outlets in the garage, 2 outlets in the under belly.

I have connected to all 5 outside connections and all 3 in the living area in every conceivable combination. Had the rig at Camping World for other issues and had them check it. "No problems found".

If I can get a coax diagram I can figure out the issue.

Thanks for listening.

david-steph2018

On our Road Warrior, in the wet bay area, is where the connections are located. If this is the same on your Fuel, on the inside of that door is a small diagram that tells you what the connections are. Our door opens up, so I had to look above my head, assuming your setup is the same once the door is open, look at the inside of it.

david-steph2018

Okay, the 4 connections across the top go to satellite connections. Then, the one below is for the cable connections. This is how the Road Warrior is setup.
I bought one of these to help chase the cables:
https://www.lowes.com/pd/Southwire-Coax-Continuity-Analog-Test-Meter/50278121
Some will say these don't work thru splitters, but I did not have an issue.

Just got back and checked the setup:
across the top it goes:
1) sat to bdrm TV
2) sat loop in roof
3) sat loop in roof
4) sat to Main TV (1)

the bottom connection says: CATV

Last edited:

wdk450

Here is the latest Road Warrior (2017) coax diagram in our library, going on David-Steph2018's posting about the Road Warrior maybe being like your Fuel. https://manuals.heartlandowners.org/manuals/Electronics/Coax_Layouts/Cyclone_Road_Warrior/Coax - Cyc RW TQ Edge - new2, recd. 7-25-17.pdf

BTW, if you are troubleshooting "Cable" signals, YOU DO have the wallplate amplifier OFF (no LED lit on amplifier wallplate)? , These OTA signal amplifiers do not have the electronic bandwidth to pass the cable/satellite signals. When the amplifier wallplate is OFF, the "Cable" input signal is shunted by a relay to the wallplate output jack, and the OTA antenna input is not connected.
(OTA is lingo for Over The Air standard -terrestrial- TV broadcast signal).

david-steph2018

Before you start, get the little paper tags with string attached to them. So, when you get in there, you can write on the tag and attach it to cable. This method will help later if you need to work on the system.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Attached is a photo of the TV cabling schematic for our’17 Bighorn. Hopefully it’ll help you out
We lost our OTA signal this past week. The first thing I checked, then replaced upon discovering its failure, was the 6 yr old splitter off the OTA feed to the two TVs

Attachments

• 2A5B01AA-2268-4829-8FED-8F48F7CECC3D.jpeg
    2A5B01AA-2268-4829-8FED-8F48F7CECC3D.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 35
  • EEDD0D50-9A21-4B7C-BD32-FF7C48BFBAC0.jpeg
    EEDD0D50-9A21-4B7C-BD32-FF7C48BFBAC0.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 36
Wow, hard to believe it was almost a year ago I started this thread. Life happens!!

I finally got time to start chasing the cable TV system in the toy hauler.

The cable tv system has not worked from day 1. Yeah, shame on me, we missed that on the walk through when we bought it new a Camping World - Tucson.

We had to get some service done after our first shake out run. The cable TV system was on the service invoice. Camping World - Tucson advised me there was no problem with the system and it was probably a campground issue. Since then, when we did use the camper we played DVD's etc. because the cable system did not work.

I still have more connections to inspect but so far I discovered several problems.

I opened a panel in the storage area in the garage. 2 splitters and multiple cables. As I touched the coax cable to test tightness, 2 cables pulled loose. On further inspection, the copper center wire was not long enough to go into the coupling (?). There is not a snow balls chance that this TV system ever worked, right out of the factory.

This rig has other issues where paneling was cut wrong.

Final thoughts:

Heartland built a crap rig and their Quality Control Department did not catch the problems.

Camping World - Tucson - lied about checking out the cable TV system and claiming all was well.

Safe travels all,

Jim

Attachments

• Camper cable wiring.jpg
    Camper cable wiring.jpg
    464.9 KB · Views: 14