2020 Heartland Torque T322 Slide out bracket stripped bolt/screws Picture attached

alzola049

Hey guys. This picture is looking up at the bottom of my slide out. There are 2 of these T brackets. Those silver bolts or self tapping screws sheared off on the other bracket so when retracting the slide, only this side pictured pulls in because obviously the bolts are still attached. I have a few questions for anyone familiar with this setup/problem.

-Are those bolted through or are they self tapping screws?
-What have others done to remedy this that works best? Replace with larger self tapping screws?
-I would imagine that screw or bolt goes through some kind of framing corner such as angle iron. If there isnt anything important beyond that, maybe I can drill through and through-bolt it from the top side which would be behind my couch?

I havent investigated more because it got dark out. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!
IMG_8642.jpg

Dahillbilly

Not sure but the heads of those look more like some type of self drilling screws. I'd remove one to see what type fastner it is. I'd also be concerned as to why the other side sheared off!!

alzola049

Not sure but the heads of those look more like some type of self drilling screws. I'd remove one to see what type fastner it is. I'd also be concerned as to why the other side sheared off!!
I agree they look like self tapping. Crazy to me that you’d have 2 brackets with 4 self tapping screws each holding up a slide??
It got dark on me so I’ll be back out there tomorrow pulling hardware and getting a game plan together.
This is my first camper ever with a slide out.
What I was thinking was that maybe I over extended or over retracted causing the bracket to shear the screws off once the slide out itself reached its limit in or out?

Dahillbilly

have the same adjustment brackets on our dinnette/couch slideout with the rack & pinion which clicks when it reaches the end of the stroke(in/out). Good luck