2021 Elkridge Wingard Air 360 question

New trailer, first weekend out - having fun working the bugs out. I’m completely perplexed on the antenna (Winegard Air 360), but more over the connections in general. Problem 1 is that I can’t get the mounted TV off the wall to verify the coax is actually in and tight - if anyone has a tip on how that bracket releases, it would be great. Under the tv I have two coax outputs, I’m assuming one is the antenna, and one is cable from the park (when you have that). I’ve tried both. The outlet with the on off green light switch is in the bedroom and is on. The switch labeled Winegard Air 360 is on. I’m getting no reception.
Here’s where I get really confused. In my wet bay I have my cable in, and then four other coax inputs. There is a label on the side, but it appears to be for a different trailer. That also has four inputs, though and one says things like satellite feed from roof coil, satellite to living room, etc... I’m assuming those are for a portable dish system or something like that, but I wanted to make sure it wasn’t referring to the Winegard antenna.
Anyone have any information on how the antenna works on these things?

danemayer

The 4 coax connectors in a row are for satellite. There are 2 pairs. On each pair, one goes to the interior, either bedroom or living room. The other in each pair goes to the roof for a Winegard Trav'ler installation - nothing to do with the 360. If you have a tripod or ground mounted dish, you'd connect to living room or bedroom connectors. If you have a Trav'ler installed, you put a jumper across each pair to connect the rooftop cables to the interior cables.

At the TV, one connector is for over-the-air antenna TV / cable. The other is for satellite.

The signal booster must be ON for over-the-air antenna TV and OFF for cable.

Depending on your TV, you may have to go into the menus and set it for either air, or cable. And you probably will have to run a channel scan from the menu as well.

The TV mounting brackets have varied a lot over the years. You probably have the type where there are 2 rails attached to the wall. There's a bracket attached to the TV with hooks that hang on the wall rails. To keep it from bouncing off the rails, there's probably a screw, or allen setscrew that tightens/loosens from underneath. You probably have to just loosen the screw(s) enough to pull the bottom of the TV away from the wall a bit and then lift. If you have a 2nd person, they can help with cable management. A flashlight and a mirror well help you with those screws. Some TVs have wood trim flush against the top of the TV. If you do, you'll probably have to remove a few mounting screws and take the trim off to lift the TV.

The 4 coax connectors in a row are for satellite. There are 2 pairs. On each pair, one goes to the interior, either bedroom or living room. The other in each pair goes to the roof for a Winegard Trav'ler installation - nothing to do with the 360. If you have a tripod or ground mounted dish, you'd connect to living room or bedroom connectors. If you have a Trav'ler installed, you put a jumper across each pair to connect the rooftop cables to the interior cables.

At the TV, one connector is for over-the-air antenna TV / cable. The other is for satellite.

The signal booster must be ON for over-the-air antenna TV and OFF for cable.

Depending on your TV, you may have to go into the menus and set it for either air, or cable. And you probably will have to run a channel scan from the menu as well.

The TV mounting brackets have varied a lot over the years. You probably have the type where there are 2 rails attached to the wall. There's a bracket attached to the TV with hooks that hang on the wall rails. To keep it from bouncing off the rails, there's probably a screw, or allen setscrew that tightens/loosens from underneath. You probably have to just loosen the screw(s) enough to pull the bottom of the TV away from the wall a bit and then lift. If you have a 2nd person, they can help with cable management. A flashlight and a mirror well help you with those screws. Some TVs have wood trim flush against the top of the TV. If you do, you'll probably have to remove a few mounting screws and take the trim off to lift the TV.
Thanks! This is really helpful - now for more troubleshooting!

Billygc

New trailer, first weekend out - having fun working the bugs out. I’m completely perplexed on the antenna (Winegard Air 360), but more over the connections in general. Problem 1 is that I can’t get the mounted TV off the wall to verify the coax is actually in and tight - if anyone has a tip on how that bracket releases, it would be great. Under the tv I have two coax outputs, I’m assuming one is the antenna, and one is cable from the park (when you have that). I’ve tried both. The outlet with the on off green light switch is in the bedroom and is on. The switch labeled Winegard Air 360 is on. I’m getting no reception.
Here’s where I get really confused. In my wet bay I have my cable in, and then four other coax inputs. There is a label on the side, but it appears to be for a different trailer. That also has four inputs, though and one says things like satellite feed from roof coil, satellite to living room, etc... I’m assuming those are for a portable dish system or something like that, but I wanted to make sure it wasn’t referring to the Winegard antenna.
I just purchased a new RV with the same Winegard 360, but cannot pick up any channels. You mention “The switch labeled Winegard antenna is on.” Where is such a switch located ?? I haven’t come across such a switch. Please advise.

I just purchased a new RV with the same Winegard 360, but cannot pick up any channels. You mention “The switch labeled Winegard antenna is on.” Where is such a switch located ?? I haven’t come across such a switch. Please advise.
Mine is in the bedroom at the very front of the fifth wheel next to the light for the room. There is also a coax outlet in the bedroom which is the one with push button switch / green light.

Billygc

I have the plate with the connection and the button to activate the blue light In the bedroom area. Also. there is a small 2” cap at the ceiling identify the Winegard antenna on the topside. It has no ability to push to turn on nor an indicator to do so. I going to try turning it in both directions to see what response I get. Later

Billygc

Nope, put my bifocals on and realized that small plate in secured by 2 screws. It must be just an access to the wiring from the bottom on the antenna.

Mine has a cord hanging down that you pull to release the hinges.