2022 Prowler 256rl - Refrigerator

We have a 2022 Prowler 256rl. Had it for 4 months and only home 6 days. Went for our first trip this weekend and the same issue is still happening. We keep getting and E3 error. They have replaced the fridge 3 times for this and it is still not right. They also replaced our radio twice. To me it seems there is something wrong with the entire electric system. We did not get to try the oven or microwave since we lost all our food on the first night but will do that now that we are home.. Any suggestions?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Have you checked your battery voltage? E3 is the code for low voltage. This would also affect your radio.
Here is a little info that may help you. It's old but should still apply. Info

Peace
Dave

wdk450

A standard checkout test for a microwave oven is to simply fill a coffee cup with water - it should boil within 3 minutes.

The common electrical system with your (assumed RV ammonia ) refrigerator, radio and E3 error is the 12 volt DC electrical system. This is also somewhat related to your AC power system in that the converter/charger for battery recharge and 12 Volt DC current source when connected to AC shorepower is AC powered (it converts 120 VAC to 12 VDC). I am thinking (like you) that there is some deficiency in your 12 Volt DC sources/wiring causing low voltage at the appliances malfunctioning. I am disappointed that good "RV Service Professionals" have replaced the expensive refrigerator 3 times, and not found the source of the problems if it is related to DC/AC power systems. You may have to go looking for a Good, Experienced, Certified RV service professional (on your own dime) to resolve these problems.

You CAN operate your refrigerator to test it by simply disconnecting the 12 volt DC power on the back, wiring in an outside source of 12 volt DC power (battery charger?), and connecting the refrigerator Ac power plug on the back to an extension cord to a source of power OTHER than your RV. You need to then turn on the refrigerator for a few days, put a thermometer in a glass of water in the refrig., and take readings. It will normally take 1-2 days to reach full cold. You don't need propane for this electrical only test of the cooling unit and associated electronics.

BTW, you should also be able to run your radio on an external source of 12 VDC power if you can access the power connections.

I would check out your batteries, converter/charger, thoroughly inspect your 12 VDC wiring feeling for hot places (poor connections - 12 VDC doesn't have enough voltage to shock dry skin), shaking wire connections looking for loose wiring.

Last edited: