21RBSS Top Modifications?

Cbreed

I just bought a 2021 North Trail 21RBSS, ADDING A 300AMP / HR Lithium Ion ($1,300), 5000W inverter, 400W solar, and standby 3500W gas generator. Any one else make any big electric improvements? :confused:

D-K_21RBSS

Welcome from another 21RBSS owner! You should be able to rustic camp for a good long while with that setup. Enjoy!

I just bought a 2021 North Trail 21RBSS, ADDING A 300AMP / HR Lithium Ion ($1,300), 5000W inverter, 400W solar, and standby 3500W gas generator. Any one else make any big electric improvements? :confused:
Hi Cbreed. I’ve been contemplating the purchase of a NT 21RBSS, and I’m curious as to how you plan to mount the generator? I’ve got one mounted on my current travel trailer, and I’m happy with the mounting system, but I’m always looking for other ideas. Thanks, Shannon.

Cbreed

I'm a welder, so this was easy.
1. Relocate two propane tanks as close to RV as possible (towards back)
2. Mount two 3" Channel bars for Genrac IQ3500 between Electric Jack and Propane
3. Relocate Batteries to left side for easy and short cable runs to electric bar.

Attachments

• IMG_1887.jpg
    IMG_1887.jpg
    622.4 KB · Views: 26

Lucky7

Cbreed, I have an off topic question for you. What is your hitch height measured on your 21RBSS when your camper is all level ? I sold my other Heartland and going to pick up my new 21RBSS on Saturday. I want to pre-setup my weight distribution hitch as much as possible before I get there (as far as hitch height goes). So I was wondering if you know right off hand or would be willing to take a measuement of your hitch height so I can get a good rough estimate starting point with my hitch setup.
Thanks.

Cbreed

Cbreed, I have an off topic question for you. What is your hitch height measured on your 21RBSS when your camper is all level ? I sold my other Heartland and going to pick up my new 21RBSS on Saturday. I want to pre-setup my weight distribution hitch as much as possible before I get there (as far as hitch height goes). So I was wondering if you know right off hand or would be willing to take a measuement of your hitch height so I can get a good rough estimate starting point with my hitch setup.
Thanks.
20" to top of ball

Lucky7

Back on Topic, the first things I'm going to do is swap out the plastic fixtures in the bathroom for stainless steel fixtures. The sink, faucet assembly and shower head. Then add a stainless toilet paper holder, towel bar and hand towel hook. More or less this is my wifes to do list, then I can start on mine :)

D-K_21RBSS

I agree with replacing the sink and hose. Our shower hose connection cracked (1yr old unit!), and the sink/faucet is always wet. We have to keep a towel betweent the sink and faucet just to wipe up everytime we use the sink. (really cheap plastic)

Lucky7

I agree with replacing the sink and hose. Our shower hose connection cracked (1yr old unit!), and the sink/faucet is always wet. We have to keep a towel betweent the sink and faucet just to wipe up everytime we use the sink. (really cheap plastic)
I'm just waiting on the sink to come in to start doing the installs. It also gives me a chance to check all the plumbing. Only other thing I might do is swap in a porcelain toilet for the plastic one. Wife wants to add a backsplash also to the bathroom and the kitchen area, probably just gonna do a tile peel and stick type.

D-K_21RBSS

I also added a piece of foam insulation to the hoses behind vanity sink and the kitchen sink/water pump. It really cut down the noise when the pump was running. (the hoses were bouncing off the wall, created quite a racket)

Lucky7

I also added a piece of foam insulation to the hoses behind vanity sink and the kitchen sink/water pump. It really cut down the noise when the pump was running. (the hoses were bouncing off the wall, created quite a racket)
Thanks for the heads up, I'll have to look into doing that if mine bounce like that.

CCPS

hi Cbreed, thanks for sharing. I bought the same trailer. I would like to install a 400ah lithium battery and 200w solar panel. Could you tell me where you installed the inverter and where is the converter located? Do you think the factory charge controller can handle this upgraded 400ah lithium battery? Please let me know and if you have pics of your setup, could you share that too? Really appreciate it! Not much resources from Heartland to get your answers. Thank you!