21RBSS

Lucky7

Just sealed the deal on a 21RBSS (2021). Going to pick it up next weekend, are there any common areas I should pay very close attention to when doing the walk through inspection ? Also, who has ditched the king size mattress and put a queen instead ? If so what mattress did you go with ? Lastly, do you think a weight distribution/ant-sway hitch is needed on such a lightweight camper ? I've owned and towed campers before, but they were 8K lbs. This one is only about 4,500 lbs, just wondering if I should buy another hitch to tow it (I sold my last hitch with my old camper).

Thanks

sengli

We have always ditched the king beds, for a queen sized set up. Gives us over a foot more room, to get around the bed to help make it. Cut down the ply base and add mattress of your choice. We recently did one of those mattress's in a box with a 3" foam topper.
There are just so many things to look at on your walk thru. You need to try every switch, turn on every water feature. Bring your flash light, and dont be in a rush. There's a PDI work sheet somewhere on this site. Honestly we ended up staying a couple of nights at the dealer( some dealers have this, some dont), and tried it out to make sure all was good, before we left the property.

09Busaman

Welcome to the board! What vehicle are you towing with, makes a difference in the hitch set up. Congrats on the new camper. Cant advise on the bed, ours came with a king and the wife wants to keep it as apparently I am a bed hog.

donr827

There is a very good PDI guide in the tools section. Look in the Heartland Users Section. Oregon Camper posted this PDI.

Lucky7

Welcome to the board! What vehicle are you towing with, makes a difference in the hitch set up. Congrats on the new camper. Cant advise on the bed, ours came with a king and the wife wants to keep it as apparently I am a bed hog.
I'll be towing with a 2020 F150, has the 3.5 EcoBoost with tow package. I actually just purchased a Husky CenterLine TS Hitch. I got a great deal on it, a local shop had a new one that they were selling on clearance for $250, I couldn't pass the deal up. I know several people who have these and they like them. Hopefully the ride won't be too stiff since it's the heavy duty rated one (800-1000 lb hitch weight and 12000 lb gross weight). But for $250 I couldn't pass it up.