2414 question

alwazmt

Good afternoon all,
I have a 2414 I bought last year. I have taken some short trips with it and am reasonably happy with the build. One thing that is driving me crazy though is the front clip. When towing it bows and bends constantly in the wind. I have never seen anything this flimsy on the front of a trailer. Does anyone else out there with a 2414 see the same thing on their trailer? If I push on the front clip in the yard, it goes in at least an inch before I hit anything solid. It does not seem like this will last long. Almost seems like I am missing some backing somehow . The attached picture kind of shows the bending I am describing. I cannot find any local up here in MT to compare against.

Attachments

• 20210528_174240.jpg
    20210528_174240.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 22

fhantson

Hey, another 2414 owner here (Snohomish, WA). We're just back from a quick trip to Ellensburg, and I didn't notice any bending in the clip while on the freeway... We have a 2021.

alwazmt

Thanks for the input! I have a weird feeling they forgot some backing or something on my trailer. As you can see from the earlier picture, it constantly bends and buckles on the highway.

fhantson

I have the trailer at home, when I'm off work I will make a video of how it behaves when I put some pressure on it so you can compare.

fhantson

Just checked and it doesn’t seem to be that flimsy as what I see in your picture. Wondering if there’s insulation missing in yours…?