2nd Air Conditioner

mshight

Our 2022 Mallard M335 is supposedly pre-wired for a second air conditioner (in the bedroom). I am assuming it would be placed in the bedroom ceiling air vent location. We would have had it installed when we bought it but Camping World did not even have one at the time. Is there a second thermostat somewhere or does it use the one in the living area? I am pretty worn out with trying to get info about anything from Heartland. We could get no information on whether there was enough reinforcement (there IS NOT) for installing a tv in the designated lift up area so we went 4 months with a tv on a stand and no storage access. I would also appreciate any suggestions on the brand/type of air conditioner anyone would recommend. We are living in our unit until our house is built so AC is a necessity. Thanks so much!

LBR

Our 2022 Mallard M335 is supposedly pre-wired for a second air conditioner (in the bedroom). I am assuming it would be placed in the bedroom ceiling air vent location. We would have had it installed when we bought it but Camping World did not even have one at the time. Is there a second thermostat somewhere or does it use the one in the living area? I am pretty worn out with trying to get info about anything from Heartland. We could get no information on whether there was enough reinforcement (there IS NOT) for installing a tv in the designated lift up area so we went 4 months with a tv on a stand and no storage access. I would also appreciate any suggestions on the brand/type of air conditioner anyone would recommend. We are living in our unit until our house is built so AC is a necessity. Thanks so much!
Build yourself a plywood backer board for your TV that will span 2 vertical studs and secure it. Then add a tv mount. The backer board will support TV fine.

sengli

If the AC power is there in that second roof vent area, you can add a second air. Every unit we have had with two ACs had two separate t-stats.

david-steph2018

One model of AC unit to consider would be one that has the controls on the AC Unit itself. With this you would not need to worry about how to run a thermostat wiring thru the walls. You would just need to make sure there is power in the area.

Gary521

Assuming that there is Power for the AC. There probably is no thermostat wire. As someone suggested, the easiest thing to do is to get a unit with the thermostat built into the unit itself. However if you like a wall stat., you could string a wire through the ceiling or use wall mount conduit.