314T GENERATOR INSTALL

I WANT TO INSTALL A ONAN 5500 GENERATOR IN MY 314T. IT IS GENERATOR PREPED I CAN'T FIND ANY INFO ON ANY ISSUES I MIGHT ENCOUNTER. IT LOOKS LIKE THE FRAME PARTIALLY BLOCKS THE EXHAUST AIR AND I WANT TO KNOW IF THIS WILL CAUSE OVERHEATING.
I HAVE THE TEMPLETE FOR THE CUT OUTS BUT DONT KNOW EXACTLY WHERE TO PLACE THE GENSET IN THE COMPARTMENT, AGAINST THE BACK OR FRONT RIGHT OR LEFT SIDE OR COMPLETELY CENTER IT. ANY INFO OR PICS WOULD HELP.

There's Onan installation information in this folder.

THKANK YOU, YES I HAVE THAT BUT THAT DOSEN'T TELL ME WHERE EXACTLY IT NEEDS TO BE LOCATED IN THE COMPARTMENT OF THE 314T BUT I HOPE TO HAVE AN ANSWER FROM HEARTLAND. I ALSO NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE FRAME AND WHERE TO LOCATE THE BOLTS.

esscobra

if unit is gen prepped it should have the mount holes and exhuayst cutout already laid out- in my bighorn it had the tin box and riser/mount installed and floor was semi -punched for exhaust recantgle cut out

if unit is gen prepped it should have the mount holes and exhuayst cutout already laid out- in my bighorn it had the tin box and riser/mount installed and floor was semi -punched for exhaust recantgle cut out
MY 2021 TORQUE 314T HAS A NICE COMPARTMENT BUT NOTHING LAID OUT. HAVE TALKED TO CUST. SERVICE AND WAITING FOR SOME KIND OF AN ANSWER AS TO PLACEMENT,
WIRES AND FUEL HOSES ARE THERE WITH THE HARNESS PLUG BUT LIKE I SAID NO LOCATION MARKS AT ALL.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR ANSWER, I'LL KEEP TRYING TO FIND MORE INFO.

esscobra

did lots of research on these before ordering/installing my 7k unit- but not much room in my compartment and mounting was fixed spot already-

so primary reason for overheating in these is when they are too low or in windy situations where exhaust blows back into intake- so as long as exhaust can flow and not bounce or blow back into intake - you should be fine- also be aware of oil filer and drain hose - dont mount that frame blocks your access to drain and change filter

did lots of research on these before ordering/installing my 7k unit- but not much room in my compartment and mounting was fixed spot already-

so primary reason for overheating in these is when they are too low or in windy situations where exhaust blows back into intake- so as long as exhaust can flow and not bounce or blow back into intake - you should be fine- also be aware of oil filer and drain hose - dont mount that frame blocks your access to drain and change filter
THANK YOU FOR THE REPLY, I ONLY HAVE ABOUT AN INCH ON EACH SIDE SO THAT IS ABOUT A FIXED SPOT BUT FRONT TO BACK THERE IS 3 TO 4 INCHES THAT COULD MAKE A DIFFERENCE AND WITHOUT CUTTING OUT THE PANEL UNDERNEATH I CAN'T SEE WHERE ANYTHINS IS LOCATED.
I AM STILL HOPING TO HEAR FROM A HEARTLAND TRAVEL TRAILER OWNER THAT HAS INSTALLED A GENERATOR AND HAS ANY INFO THAT MAY HELP BEFORE I MAKE THIS BIG PURCHASE AND ATTEMPTED INSTALLATION.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
They replies that you have gotten are from fifth wheel owners so you might be best off following the link that Dan provided.
It is pretty generic so it should give you all the information you need for install in your T314 TT.

Peace
Dave

They replies that you have gotten are from fifth wheel owners so you might be best off following the link that Dan provided.
It is pretty generic so it should give you all the information you need for install in your T314 TT.

Peace
Dave
WILL DO, THANKS !

LBR

WILL DO, THANKS !
We own a 2017 CY....I can go outside and measure where the compartment divider is for generator vs. battery (L/R) for you. Then snap a shot of the positioning of the 5.5 inside it's own bay.....if that would help you get an idea of L/R positioning compared to your bay measurements?