3200RE Bedroom Slide Leaking

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders

I have a 2010 3200RE that we just purchased in March2011. The bedroom slide is leaking andsoaking the carpet on the closet side. This is the first time we have had it out in the rain. Has anyone had to deal with this and do youknow of any fixes?

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
1st question, can you see any lite thru the slide seals? Run your fingers around all the seals on the interior wall and see if you poke your fingers thru to the outside. So everyone is clear on when it was leaking. Was the slide out during a rain storm or was it while you were driving in the rain? If you are close to your dealer..take it back as soon as possible.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Sometimes a seal will get curled in the wrong direction while travelling in/out and not form a good barrier. While the slide is out, go up a ladder next to the slide and see if the upper seal is partially pushed back in toward the trailer. If so, try using your awning tool or similar device to pull it out so all the bottom of the seal is toward the slideout. If this doesn't help, definitely get it in for a service check.

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
Thanks guys, I have to take it to the dealer next week to get the bedroom slide door replaced and one outside speaker is bad. I'll bring it to their attention then.