3850 fresh water tank

mdhill

Still working out bugs on new rig. Most seem related to water system.
I have already discovered that when the water gauge shows 1/3 it is
empty for all practical purposes. The pump won't pick up anymore. Yet When you drain the tank it will drain for over 30 minutes.

When we went camping this weekend made sure fresh water tank was
empty before leaving as I did not want to haul the extra weight.
At the end of the weekend and after draining gray and black tanks
I checked their levels on gauges. (Had been on city hookups all weekend)
My water gauge showed 2/3 ???? I thought gauge must be acting so turned pump on. It primed and worked so my empty tank had somehow
got water in it ????:eek: How is that possible ?

js700

I was hoping the factory would answer the question..My 3010 also shows 1/3 full and the water pump will lose prime.....Jim

Same here as js700, bit of a bummer we can't utilize the full 100 gals. Maybe someone from Heartland will chime in and offer up a solution :)

rtataryn

Same here - on my new 3010 - I've got at least 25 or 30 gallons that I can't get to. If I want to fill the tank to only one-third to minimize weight for a short trip, I can't use any of it. The pump just sputters. When I do fill it completely, I run out of usable water with the gauge still reading 1/3. So I figure a 110 gallon tank is really only a 75 gallon tank and I'm hauling around an extra 250 sloshing pounds where ever I go.

I need to work on a solution. And hopefully they'll be a factory resolution on future models.

rtataryn

The other concern I have with unusable water in the tank is winterization. If 30 gallons stays in the tank and fresh lines and freezes it will almost certainly cause damage. If I add RV antifreeze to the water in the fresh tank, how will I get it all out in the spring when I want to return to clean water?

Rod

smday

After reading this issue on water staying in the tank I called my dealer to check it out And fix it before I pick it up in Jan. They got back to me and told me that issue has been resolved a few months back. How did u
guys check to see how much was still in there without pulling the belly off. This is going to be part of my pdi before I take ownership because
we only dry camp and require as much water as possible especially
when I have 4 females that always want to look their best. So Mike has this issue been resolved or is my dealer full of BS and eventually I will have to fix it when I get home.

kbsplus2

good luck guys....

I have a razor and have dealt with dealership and HL. Same issues, 1/3 on meter and pump quits pumping, over 20 gals in the tanks that I can't drain, winterize or sanitize, and get to haul around 160+lbs that I never get to use. HL finally said they did nothing wrong and won't do anything to fix the fact that I can't use the 100 gals that I bought. If you get yours fixed please post it in bold so all the others can get theirs fixed too. If not maybe if we all group together we can put some weight into HL and make them stand up to their poor product.

caissiel

I have a BC and the front Gray tank is under the Black tank, the weight of both tanks when full was to much for the angle on one side of the gray tank, so the 8" high tank was sideways sideways when the trailer was level. I reinforced the angle and tighten the straps. now it sits level when water in it. I have a feeling I must check the fresh water tank next summer because I travel with it 3/4 full most of the time. It could be that my tanks are 45/75 imperial Gallons instead of US gallons making them 20% heavier then US Gallons models.