4006 Garage Roof Vent

FL-JOE

Last spring when we went to Texas and bought our new 4006 we found the ceiling vent/fan in the rear loft was open. We discovered it the first day on the road returning to Florida. It seemed weird because we had a couple pics of the new unit hooked up to our truck in the dealer parking lot and clearly the vent was not open.

Yesterday we returned from being away from the fiver for almost 3 weeks. We let it set up completely on our leased lot in Florida while we were gone. I noticed right away that the rear loft area vent was again open!

I can't find any switches for this vent/fan. I'm headed to CW this morning to purchase a MaxAir cover. At least when this stupid thing decides to open on its own again I can make sure rain won't blow in. I haven't emptied the loft area and crawled up there to search for hidden switches yet either, which would be a great place for Heartland to hide them I suppose.

Any ideas?

Tool958

Last spring when we went to Texas and bought our new 4006 we found the ceiling vent/fan in the rear loft was open. We discovered it the first day on the road returning to Florida. It seemed weird because we had a couple pics of the new unit hooked up to our truck in the dealer parking lot and clearly the vent was not open.

Yesterday we returned from being away from the fiver for almost 3 weeks. We let it set up completely on our leased lot in Florida while we were gone. I noticed right away that the rear loft area vent was again open!

I can't find any switches for this vent/fan. I'm headed to CW this morning to purchase a MaxAir cover. At least when this stupid thing decides to open on its own again I can make sure rain won't blow in. I haven't emptied the loft area and crawled up there to search for hidden switches yet either, which would be a great place for Heartland to hide them I suppose.

Any ideas?

Our 3010 has a thermostat that controls the garage fan. I wish it had one like the main living area has. Works much better. Took us a while to figure out how the one in the garage actually worked.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

FL-JOE

Dang, I hope mine isn’t like that. If it is then I’m going to have to figure out how to squeeze up in there and disable it. That actually is a stupid design no matter if you use that area for extra sleeping quarters or storage. Either way you certainly wouldn’t want it opening on it’s own at 1am during a storm just because it was too warm back there!

Dahillbilly

contact Heartland customer service with your last six numbers of the VIN. It should have a fuse you can pull to/ disable it.

FL-JOE

I would be shocked if they could provide that information. A few months ago they told me the slide had to be removed in order to hook up the ice maker correctly.