4100 King --- Week ONE observations

We took delivery on a 2015 Cyclone 4100 about two weeks ago and although there have been a few issues we love it! Just thought everybody would be interested to know Heartland must be listening as our 3 AC's are wired so the bedroom is always on and you have the choice of living room or garage. This makes more sense because at night if people are sleeping in the garage they can have the AC as well as those in the master. During the day the living room can be on and it does do a fair job of keeping the garage cool through the ducts. We also ordered dual pane windows which really does help.

I also plan to rewire so I can use all three when needed. It gets pretty hot out here in the southwest and shade can be hard to come by!

scottyb

Congratulations Daverailrd on your new 4100. Pictures are always appreciated. Let us know how the re-wire goes and how it is done.

I like the idea of direct wiring for the third A/C. If it's direct wired, will you still be able to use it off generator power as well?

BLHFUN

I like the idea of direct wiring for the third A/C. If it's direct wired, will you still be able to use it off generator power as well?

Yes you can still use the Gen Set. Just remind yourself that you can’t run all 3 while using the GEN. Connecting all three Blacks and all three whites with a RED Wire connector will simply remove the two throw switch and energize all 3 AC switches. Then it’s your choice on what AC you want to run. Pay attention to the 20 AMP breaker that Gunner mentioned below. All three AC’s will POP the standard Breaker (or did in my case)

Yes, but only two at any one time. The way I wired mine I can run all three on shore power or on generator the bedroom and either the living room OR garage but not both. I cannot run the living room and the garage at the same time even though it's only two as they are both on the same circuit leg. One could use the original switch to change between circuit legs to give you more options but I didn't think it was needed. Time will tell. Here in Las Vegas there are times when all three AC's are needed! Very glad I ordered all 3 and the dual pane windows. If only they offered low E windows I would have ordered that as well!