50 amp plug heat with a/c

sdwelling

I've noticed that the 50 amp plug (at the pole) gets warm when using one of 2 air conditioners. Thinking it's because of a loose connection somewhere - at the breaker panel or even the ac. Anyone have similar issues to point me in the right direction?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

mlpeloquin

Can be caused by high contact resistance. Oxidation of both the socket and plug contacts will cause it to heat up with higher currents. I spray with Deoxit. This was recommended by another Heartland owners form member Bill Knight. It works quickly and does a fantastic job.

sdwelling

Been running an a/c to keep the humidity down and I've been checking the plug temperature at the pole every few hours. In the past day or so, the plug has gotten no warmer than ambient to the touch.

sdwelling

Been running an a/c to keep the humidity down and I've been checking the plug temperature at the pole every few hours. In the past day or so, the plug has gotten no warmer than ambient to the touch.

Unplugged the electric today since the plug warmed a little to the touch. Replacing the auto xfer switch when I return home, at which time I'm checking all the connections at the shore power cable and breaker panel.