5th wheel dolly

scottknight1

any recommendations for a manual or motorized 5th wheel dolly to move a 35' big horn 100 feet on level asphalt? I can only find motorized dollies for $4-5000.... for moving a 5th wheel rig on a residential driveway....

rhodies1

If you are only moving it this distance,it maybe worth your while to contact a RV transporter,
Its most like likely much cheaper.

sengli

The only ones I have ever seen advertised were for travel trailers. I didnt even realize they make them for fifth wheels. Unlike travel trailers, the pin weights on a fifth wheel are thousands of pounds, verses TT usually in the hundreds.

scottknight1

If you are only moving it this distance,it maybe worth your while to contact a RV transporter,
Its most like likely much cheaper.
Thx for the reply.
Once I drop off the rig. The RV transporter will drive over my grass.
To back up to the rig will much harder. So I was hoping to find a dolly

rhodies1

If you have to drive over your grass then I would be very careful about using a dolly. I suspect the stance and wheels would be much smaller than a truck.

scottknight1

Agree. Won’t pull the dolly across the grass.
I want to back the rig up on the asphalt driveway to the front yard so I can have a truck come around and in front of it so the driver can back out onto the street.

taskswap

They make them but they sure are expensive. Here's one. Be prepared for sticker price shock.

If you only have to do this a few times (maybe even just once?) maybe you could take a page out of my dealer's book. When I was there last they were using a skid loader to move RVs around. Most of the mid-sized and up ones are strong enough to do the job, and they turn on a dime so they're easy to maneuver in tight areas. They can be rented for 4 hours at a time from most big box hardware stores and rental centers, and if you got one with adjustable forks you could probably figure out a way to temporarily chain your hitch onto it. Some plywood would protect your grass. This would be incredibly dangerous and I 100% do not recommend attempting this (but it's what I'd do...)

If you do, make sure you Youtube it :D

scottknight1

They make them but they sure are expensive. Here's one. Be prepared for sticker price shock.

If you only have to do this a few times (maybe even just once?) maybe you could take a page out of my dealer's book. When I was there last they were using a skid loader to move RVs around. Most of the mid-sized and up ones are strong enough to do the job, and they turn on a dime so they're easy to maneuver in tight areas. They can be rented for 4 hours at a time from most big box hardware stores and rental centers, and if you got one with adjustable forks you could probably figure out a way to temporarily chain your hitch onto it. Some plywood would protect your grass. This would be incredibly dangerous and I 100% do not recommend attempting this (but it's what I'd do...)

If you do, make sure you Youtube it :D
Yep
Found that one before.
The skid loader is an interesting idea.
Thx