5th Wheel not level when towing

rickp3670

Hello all. Just wanted to see if anyone has a solution to my problem. I own a 2015 Sundance 245RL 5th wheel and I recently bought a new tow pickup. A 2018 Ram 2500 HD 4x4 short bed. The bed height on the Ram is 57 inches and since it is a short bed I have a Super Glide hitch installed with the required rails for that truck, which places the top of the hitch at about 55 inches. When I hook up the 245RL it is nose high by 3 to 4 inches. I have already adjusted the pin box to its highest point and the suspension is on top of the axles. Also right now I have about 4 inches of clearance from the tailgate to the bottom of the nose on the 5R. It is obvious there is considerably more weight on the rear axle than the front. Has anyone else had this issue and what was your solution. Thanks in advance for the replies.

Semi-Hex

Grand Poobah!
First off, our trailer is pretty level. That said, I cannot do an over 90° turn on unlevel ground without the pinbox hitting my topper rails on my truck. I have a longbed with Andersen hitch. If it ends up being a problem, I will move my pin up one but it hasn’t yet.

'Lil Guy'

Had the same issue on my rig wdith the 3/4 T ram 4X4. Installed correct track system which raises the rig abvout 2" and then went with a new set of 16" wheels with taller tires to solve the issue. All was well.

rickp3670

Had the same issue on my rig wdith the 3/4 T ram 4X4. Installed correct track system which raises the rig abvout 2" and then went with a new set of 16" wheels with taller tires to solve the issue. All was well.

Thanks for the suggestion. My 5r came with correct track on it, however I didn't think about new tires and rims, that may be an option.