A few things Heartland needs to address

bob34787

Just finished 8 days at Disney with my new Landmark San Antonio and a few things came up that Heartland seems to have problems with.
1. they just can't seem to tighten water lines, had 3 leaks
2. the platform that they put the water heater on is pathetic, 2 pieces of 1"x1" with a thin piece of particle board just does not cut it, mine is sagging almost to the floor
3. Learn how to wire an A/C unit, the day before the 4th of July at 95% and 90% humidity my thermostat for the main a/c is reading E1, contacting Dometic got me a Dometic certified mobile tech to my campsite, after 5 minutes he found 2 communication cables hooked up, 1 to the main thermostat and 1 shorted out but not connected to anything, that shorted cable once unhooked solved all problems, but since that is the way Heartland wired it I paid 176.00 to get it unhooked.
4. use frosted glass in the shower, maybe they have never tried to clean that clear glass tri panel door, but it is **** near impossible.

WhyNot

Re: A few thinks Heartland needs to address

Hi,

The only issue I can give help to is the glass. There is a product called "Quick Brite" cleans off water marks fairly easy. All if you call a glass company I know there is a product out there to spray onto your glass once you clean it to not allow water marks or soap scum.

GL

David

alethaj

I agree about the shower door... had the unit for a month and only been out on one 3 day trip.... the shower door is yucky...
were you at Disney Land or Disney World?.... hope to get to both places one day....appreciate any rv park info you can share

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired

Bob34787 - the new re-designed Landmarks called the Landmark365 have a frosted shower glass. I use auto glass cleaner to clean our current shower doors.

MTPockets

We've been full timing in our Big Horn now over 2 years and don't have a problem as described. Wife cleans it once per week with Dow Scrubbing Bubbles. Biggest benefit is all our water goes through our SoftCell Water softener. We see no hard water build up anywhere.

bob34787

Bob34787 - the new re-designed Landmarks called the Landmark365 have a frosted shower glass. I use auto glass cleaner to clean our current shower doors.
Great, now all I have to do is convince the wife she wants RV no.7 in just over 5 years.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
A few thinks Heartland needs to address

At home and in the rig, we use a silicone squeegee after showering. No scum on the glass. Occasionally, I use Shower Power on the tiles in the home shower.

gwalter

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
We use Rain X at home and a squeegee on our glass shower. This is what the installers suggested.

clay994

We have a Heartland North Trail. We love the trailer. We have had a few problems and had them fixed at the dealership. We now having problems with the electric awning going in and out. We have had 2 other travel trailers and never had an awning mold and mildew so bad. I have notice water standing in the screw holes in the storage compartments. I took the screws out and added some caulk to the screws and then added some caulk to the top of the screws so water would not stand in the whole. Our front compartment door now does not seem to be flush/even with the outside wall. We had to add a light in the shower due to the other light being over the sink. We have owned this travel trailer for 7 months now. I am taking it back to the dealer to get the awning working correctly. So Heartland I really love our trailer. Just wish your installer's would check there work better. Glad we have a good service person. :cool:
2014 Heartland North Trail Elite Caliber 31HBDD
2013 Ford F-150 4X4 Eco Boost

porthole

Retired
At our house we have one bathroom with glass doors on the shower. We use an expanding rod and thin shower curtain. That goes in the wash once a week or so and the glass stays clean.

T

TomMontague

The glass shower doors have been changed to rain glass in the new LM365's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wildwolfproducts

We also have the expanding rod and thin shower curtain. And shower doors are like new even on the third season of use.
One big grip of mine is coax for the tv. Why in the worlds does the company not check each unit and make sure its right? Along with a way to run the sat signal to the outside TV? Sad they can't add HDMI cables everywhere.
Pete

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
The glass shower doors have been changed to rain glass in the new LM365's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

is "rain glass" the same pattern that was used in the 2009 BH3670 (like mine)? Definitely doesn't show streaks or scum unless you really let it go.

jbeletti

...One big grip of mine is coax for the tv. Why in the worlds does the company not check each unit and make sure its right? Along with a way to run the sat signal to the outside TV? Sad they can't add HDMI cables everywhere.
Pete

Pete - More HDMI cable are being used at Heartland. I can't say for certain, but I believe LM and BH now both have HDMI cables. In the living room, one connects the Blue-Ray player (if so equipped) to the TV and a second is run from a wall-plate near the Blue-Ray player to the TV. In the bedroom, one is run from the Satellite prewire area to the bedroom TV.

Here again, I am seeing/hearing some of this from customers, so I can't say with certainty that it's across the board - but we're getting there.

I hear you on the coax. The wire itself is good, but it comes down to the quality of the cable preparation for installation of the fittings as well as the quality of the fittings. I'm not a fan of the fittings I've seen us using of late. Tom may be able to weigh in on any planned changed to the coax layout, fitting type and testing methods.

After reading thru this forum must say I am glad and happy with my purchase. Only issues I am having are with leaking fittings on outdoor shower and horrible mattress. I bought my new wilderness on June 20th and after 5 nights had to flip mattress because it was collapsed where we sleep after 10 nights of use giving wife and I back and neck pain. Hope dealer can work something out.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
VMooreSR - now that's an interesting idea, a shower curtain on a spring loaded rod.