A Great Recliner For Replacing The Huge Recliners In A Bighorn

BigGuy82

By and large, we love our coach. One thing we don't love is the huge recliners that we feel are way too big for the coach. You know the ones - they have to be pulled out from the wall if you want to recline, they weigh a ton, you can't really grab them to move them, when you move them far enough it pulls the power cord out, they get in the way of the dinette chairs, etc., etc. Suffice to say, even though the vibrating massage is nice, we don't really like them. If you love yours, no problem - if you don't read on.

This is the Lippert (Thomas Payne) Euro Recliner in Chestnut Brown (also comes in "latte"). It costs $360 on Amazon with free Prime shipping or $440 at eTrailer with free shipping.

Chair.jpg
Here's why we bought the chair:
  • Lightweight and easy to move (about 60 lbs and the arms are convenient lift points)
  • Styling - a matter of taste - we liked it
  • Smaller - it's a couple of inches narrower so it gives us extra room for the dinette chairs
  • Only 7" required for wall clearance vs. 13" for the factory recliners
  • Easier to get the footrest down than the factory recliners
  • Inexpensive

Disadvantages when compared to factory recliner
  • Not as "roomy" (although as my nickname implies, I'm a "BigGuy" and I fit)
  • Less padding (although the Euro is perfectly comfortable)
  • Doesn't "glide" (not used by us)
  • Doesn't vibrate (we liked this)
  • Doesn't recline flat (not used by us)
  • Has a stated weight limit of 220 lbs (although eTrailer say 300 in the Q&A.) Also, I'm well over 220 (back to the BigGuy thing) and the chair seems quite sturdy.

The chair is a dark brown (even though the pictures and videos look gray), it's shipping weight is 62 lbs so it goes FedEx or UPS (not freight), swivels 360 degrees, only requires very miinal "assembly" (two pins with quick clips) and is very nicely finished. Like most stuff these days, it's made in China but the quality looks good. Regarding durability, only time will tell.

There is an excellent review video on eTrailer if you are interested.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
We bought Euro chairs to replace the recliners in our Sundance and 2 different Big Countrys. In the LM, we have the theater seating with the Euro chairs sitting at home in case the theater seating goes by the wayside. Boy Scout motto - Be Prepared.

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Only problem with a chair like that is we have two lap doxies and they like to burrow down between us and the chair, with this style I think they would fall out into the floor. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigGuy82

Just an update. The chairs I bought from Amazon were $347 for the first one (wanted to see if we liked them) and $361 for the second one (ordered just two days later). That price has since jumped to $441. Must be a hot item.