About to be a Bighorn owner!!

jeffnkelly

Colorado Chapter Leaders
Hi all,

Im new to the forum and this is my first post. I will be taking delivery of a new to me 2014 Bighorn 3610 RE on June 14th. This will be my first 5er, I had a 2000 National Seaview (Class A) for the last 14 years so I have pretty good experience with RVs. My question is, Is there anything in particular to look for during the PDI? I did a brief walkthrough when we made the deal on it. I have downloaded Oregon_Camper's PDI form. The unit had one prior owner that upgraded to a class A diesel pusher but thats all I know about it.

Thanks in advance for any help!!

Excited to get out on the road again!!!!!

Jeff

jimtoo

Hi Jeff,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum and your new to you unit when you get it.

Jim M

kowAlski631

Welcome!! Look for any signs of delamination. Check the caulking for any signs of cracking. Check out every button, lever, and switch. Make sure you know what they do. Fill the tanks and check for leaks. Check for signs of prior repairs. Make sure the tires are NOT Towmax (do a search on this site).

After er all of that - have a great time!

jeffnkelly

Colorado Chapter Leaders
Thanks!!

I have already seen the issues with the Towmax tires I will find out whats on there tomorrow. Hopefully they have already been replaced. If they haven't what are the recommendations? I know that typically LT tires are under rated and preferred vs ST tires but what have you had luck with?

Thanks again,

Jeff

SNOKING

Sailun S637 all steel ply LRG
Was sold as LT235/85R16G for years. They relabeled as STs. Don't let that scare you, they are great tires. Chris

mlpeloquin

Goodyear G614's, Sailun made to Canadian standards, or Maxxis. I have G614's and my second choice would be the Sailun tires.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Congratulations on your "condo on wheels". Another suggestion would be to check the gray and black tanks pulls. Open and close them several times, checking for any stiffness or resistance to being opened. It's no fun when one of those cables break while you are out on the road. Also second on checking the caulking. If the camper has been in the direct sun, caulking dries out real quick leaving opportunity for water seepage. Have fun and travel safely.

brianlajoie

There is a Colorado chapter. Check us out.

I would ask them to repack the bearings. Should have been done by now, but if not, you will need to do that very soon. My DPI I created took the two of us 3 hours each to perform. If you can, check the roof and all the caulking. Any water intrusion can be a hassle. Have who ever is selling the unit show all systems are working: propane systems (furnace, frig, stove), water systems, electrical systems. You should have paper pamphlets for everything. This will help with problems and who to contact. The tires (if original) are 2 years old already - check them carefully. Remember that you have the greatest leverage to get something corrected before you sign anything. Enjoy your new RV!

Rhyph

Hi all,

Im new to the forum and this is my first post. I will be taking delivery of a new to me 2014 Bighorn 3610 RE on June 14th. This will be my first 5er, I had a 2000 National Seaview (Class A) for the last 14 years so I have pretty good experience with RVs. My question is, Is there anything in particular to look for during the PDI? I did a brief walkthrough when we made the deal on it. I have downloaded Oregon_Camper's PDI form. The unit had one prior owner that upgraded to a class A diesel pusher but thats all I know about it.

Thanks in advance for any help!!

Excited to get out on the road again!!!!!

Jeff

Let us know if you have any questions and how it goes. We are intimately familiar with the 2014 3610RE as former owners.

jeffnkelly

Colorado Chapter Leaders
Thanks all for the replies!! We did the PDI and picked it up this passed Friday. I was able to talk them into installing 5 new Goodyear G614s and installed a TPMS after we took delivery. There were a few items that were noted during the PDI and were either addressed on the spot or they needed to order (New mattress for the pull out couch and a new Kitchen faucet (wouldnt shut off all the way during PDI but after we got it home I tightened up the faucet and it doesnt drip any more) So anyway we took it up to Estes Park for a shakedown run this last weekend and everything was super smooth. We will take it out on another short trip this weekend (less than 200 miles) and then we will leave on Wednesday next week for a month long 4000 mile National Park loop of the western United States. Thanks again for all the suggestions!!

Jeff and Kelly

Mrsfish

Thanks all for the replies!! We did the PDI and picked it up this passed Friday. I was able to talk them into installing 5 new Goodyear G614s and installed a TPMS after we took delivery. There were a few items that were noted during the PDI and were either addressed on the spot or they needed to order (New mattress for the pull out couch and a new Kitchen faucet (wouldnt shut off all the way during PDI but after we got it home I tightened up the faucet and it doesnt drip any more) So anyway we took it up to Estes Park for a shakedown run this last weekend and everything was super smooth. We will take it out on another short trip this weekend (less than 200 miles) and then we will leave on Wednesday next week for a month long 4000 mile National Park loop of the western United States. Thanks again for all the suggestions!!

Jeff and Kelly

hopefully we will meet up with you one day as we consider Colorado and the Colorado chapter our adopted state.then your spoiled labs can play with our spoiled labs!!

jbeletti

Congrats Jeff and Kelly!

We hope to be out in the Colorado Springs area in about a month to look for a home.

Join the HOC and join us in a lot of great RV fun!