ac and heat controls

bigtphx

ok, main(mid) ac controls ac and gas heat, frt ac only controls ac or is it a heat pump? rear ac controls ac and heat assuming heat is heat pump or elec strip? ?

david-steph2018

On our Road Warrior:
front AC controls the furnace/front AC unit
center AC unit controls the AC unit
garage AC unit controls the garage AC unit & if installed heat strip in AC unit

spectra

So even though the Mid A/C and Rear A/C thermostats have a furnace selection option, is the Front A/C thermostat the only thermostat that actually controls the gas furnace? I have a 2017 Road Warrior 427. Just purchased this rig and stiill getting things figured out

Thanks

jmarnell

So even though the Mid A/C and Rear A/C thermostats have a furnace selection option, is the Front A/C thermostat the only thermostat that actually controls the gas furnace? I have a 2017 Road Warrior 427. Just purchased this rig and stiill getting things figured out

Thanks
That is correct. The front thermostat in the bedroom is the only one that controls the furnace.

david-steph2018

Yes as mentioned the bedroom controls the furnace. Also when you run the furnace you need to:
on the thermostat for the fan you need to select "AUTO".
Then toggle to furnace and set your temp.

spectra

Thanks for that reminder. Actually I always keep the Fan setting on Auto. Just curious what your experience is with the Furnace thermostat being in the bedroom how that impacts the temperature in the rest of the trailer? Seems like it would have been a better idea to have the Middle thermostat control the furnace. To keep the temperature comfortable the living area doesn't it make the bedroom really hot??

david-steph2018

No it makes it warmer than the rest of the rig, but not really hot. I think they did it so you do not need to get out of bed in the middle of the night to adjust the temp.
But it is a little cooler in the living area but not bad.

ernest917

I have two thermostats - one up front in living area (which controls the temp up there and kitchen/dining area) and a second thermostat on the wall at the base of the stairs going into the bedroom which controls the temp in the bedroom....

I’ve noticed lately that my bedroom AC runs almost constantly... Upon checking the inside temps on both thermostats I may have discovered why....

The inside temp in the living area is around 75-76 on average BUT the inside temp on the one that controls the bedroom is registering 81....

I’m assuming that since I have the temp set at 75 the thermostat is reading a temp of 81 and is trying to compensate for the difference.... Would I be correct in that assumption???

If so, in order to keep the bedroom AC from running constantly I need to lower the inside temp that that thermostat is reading - not 81....

Right????

david-steph2018

The inside temp in the living area is around 75-76 on average BUT the inside temp on the one that controls the bedroom is registering 81....

I’m assuming that since I have the temp set at 75 the thermostat is reading a temp of 81 and is trying to compensate for the difference.... Would I be correct in that assumption???

If so, in order to keep the bedroom AC from running constantly I need to lower the inside temp that that thermostat is reading - not 81....

Right????
So, the bedroom thermostat is set for 75 deg., and the temp in the bedroom is 81degrees. Have you tried increasing the thermostat to a higher temp to see what would happen? Say set it for 80 deg, then see what the results will be. Just experiment with it to see what happens. It may allow the temp to increase in proportion to the thermostat.