AC causes water to pool near base of fridge

chewning4

2020 Pioneer BH250
When using the AC, water begins to appear near the base of the fridge. Peeking under the stove near the water heater, I see water on the floor.

Note: The AC has frozen up once. The thermostat was inadvertently set to its lowest settings (we believe by a younger child). Once it was no longer frozen, it seemed to work fine. I am not positive the "leak" was caused by this, though this is my guess. Regardless, i thought it was worth noting.

Thanks All!

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
It might be worth while to wrap the fittings of the water heater with toilet tissue. If there is a leaky fitting it will easily be identified.
I doubt that the AC is causing the water pool.
Check the gaskets on the refrigerator. If they are not selling properly condensation could be dropping.

Peace
Dave

david-steph2018

As far as the AC freezing, check the filters and make sure these are clean. Poor air flow will result in this issue.
Check to see if you have a water leak at the inlet cold water supply to the water heater. We had the inlet crack once and resulted in a leak. The leak was bad enough that it resulted in a damaged floor and need some of the flooring to be replaced.

chewning4

@cookie The pooling only happens when using the AC.

@david-steph2018 The AC works without cooling issues. It has frozen up once, not each use. It was a hot summer day and the AC was set to it's lowest temperature setting for hours.

Thank you both for your responses and input. I will reassess to ensure it is not a fridge, water heater, or plumbing issue.

wdk450

AC condensation leaks are common. First line of defense is to snug up the 4 inside the ceiling AC mounting bolts which tighten the watertight gasket seal between the rooftop unit, the roof surface, and the inside AC mounting plate. This seal tightness can loosen with time, road vibrations, and some normal seal material compression.

Try this video: