AC drain question

TrailCreek

We have our rig in our shop and want to see if anyone knows if you can capture the condensate from the AC unit and run a tube to expell it away from the RV (and out of the building). We are full timers, and I won't be done with some repairs in time before the weather will dictate AC use.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

sengli

Having had our AC covers off every spring for cleaning, the water just drips off the components into a drip pan. Really doesnt have a way to drain into a tube, just dribbles everywhere. It does come out some holes in the sheet metal pan, but that pan is right up against the roof. Again not seeing a way to insert a tube to catch the water

jmarnell

I rigged up a simple system for this if we run the A/C while in our garage. Since the condensate runs into the gutters along the roof and then drips off the front of the rig, I picked up a couple of 5 gallon buckets to place on each side of the rig where the condensate drips off. Drilled a hole in the side of the bucket near the bottom, glued in a connector for plastic tubing, and attached 1/2 inch plastic tubing to run the water to a drain in our garage floor.