AC + FURNACE RUNNING AT SAME TIME-2013 BIGHORN 3010re

TahoeCamper

Founding Nevada-North Chapter Leader-Retired
When we turned the digital thermostat to furnace and set the temp at 70, the rear AC unit began running also. I then went back into thermo and set the AC to a temp of of 80 thinking that at the higher AC setting the AC would not run concurrently with the furnace. This AC does not have a heat pump. Well, when I turned the furnace back on, lo and behold the AC came on again. Is there a service bulletin on this issue? Has anybody else experienced the same issue?

Also when I think it did hit the setpoint the unit continued to run, furnace and AC. When the thermostat reaches its setpoint shouldn't the gas shut off to furnace and continue to run until cool enough to shut itself off?

Any thoughts or suggestions will be appreciated. Will be 18 degrees tonight in Reno...brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
Check your stat and make sure you do not have the fan switch on anything but auto.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
I agree with 2ps. When the switch is on the "fan setting" of your thermostat it has 3 options, high,low and auto.

Push the bottom button on the thermostat until the green light goes to "fan".

Push the + and - buttons until it says "au".

To run the heater it should be set on "auto" (au).

When it is on high or low, you also have the A/C fan running. Trace

Last edited:

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
That may be a good thing if its just the rear AC fan running as it will heat-up the entire RV faster. As a last resort if you want the AC fan to not run just switch that breaker off.

dbbls59

That may be a good thing if its just the rear AC fan running as it will heat-up the entire RV faster. As a last resort if you want the AC fan to not run just switch that breaker off.
You don't need to turn the breaker off, just switch the fan to AUTO on the thermostat.

jdfishing

When we first picked up our 3010RE, we turned the heat on and the A/C came on also. The service tech at the dealer said to turn the A/C temp to the max temp, 90* I think, then the furnance should work fine without the A/C coming on. And it did. Couldn't explain why the thermostat is set up that way. I don't believe my thermostat has a high/low fan switch. Trailer is in the shop, so I can't check it to confirm.

danemayer

This is a very common issue that many, many people have corrected by setting the fan to AUTO. It really is that simple.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD