AC short cycling

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
So after almost a year of owning this rig we finally are able to use the air conditioners. The rear ac runs just fine for about an hour and then it starts turning on and off sometimes every 10 to 15 seconds. It will then run fine for about 15 minutes or so and then start rapidly cycling again. We have it set on cool and 72 degrees. When the ac is on in the bedroom it still does the same thing and the one in the bedroom runs normally. I know some of you smart folks out there can assist in this and I appreciate any help offered!

gwalter

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
My back one does the same thing. I have found that if I set the fan to high and not auto,and turn the temperature down a couple degrees it will stop.

iPhone Tapatalk

Bones

I had a problem with my back one after I moved some vents around and it turned out that one vent was hitting the wall and pushing air back onto the sensor messing with it. Once I moved the direction of the vent it stopped.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Well, if you all were in Texas in the summertime, that AC would NEVER cycle!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
We had an issue with short cycling on our front AC. Turns out one of the vents was blowing air on the thermostat causing it to short cycle. Ended up blocking that vent off and the problem was solved. Hope you figure it out.

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
My back one does the same thing. I have found that if I set the fan to high and not auto,and turn the temperature down a couple degrees it will stop.

iPhone Tapatalk

We think your suggestion fixed it! May have to wait until next week to really try it out as it has been cloudy and cool. Thank you.

danemayer

If you set the FAN to HIGH, make a note that in cold weather when you switch the thermostat to HEAT, you need to put the FAN back to AUTO or the A/C fan will run continuously along with the furnace.