AC system Bighorn 3270

Gary521

We are looking at the Bighorn 3270. We see that it comes with two AC units and are of the newer quiet type. I have a couple questions.
1. When the living area ac is on and the bedroom unit is off, does it push air into the bedroom?
2. How well do these new types work? I saw one post on another BH model where the system did not work well at all. Anybody know?
3. How much quieter are they than the older AC's?

danemayer

With the shared duct system, either unit pushes cold air into both parts of the coach. The real noise reduction is when you adjust the thermostats so that the unit further away from you is doing most of the work. When watching TV, set the thermostats so the bedroom unit does the cooling. When sleeping, let the living room unit do the work.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Neither are "quiet" by a long shot. Like Dan says use the alternate unit to cool the space you are in as that is the benefit of the ducting in the ceiling. Our units keep our BH comfortably cool enough for us (mid 70's) in 90* heat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pday1213

We are looking at the Bighorn 3270. We see that it comes with two AC units and are of the newer quiet type. I have a couple questions.
1. When the living area ac is on and the bedroom unit is off, does it push air into the bedroom? Yes the Living room A/C air will push through all vents. In fact we have the Heat Pump option on our main unit and use the heat pump to heat the entire coach.
2. How well do these new types work? I saw one post on another BH model where the system did not work well at all. Anybody know? These units seem to work very well. They are sized at 15,000 btu and with both running they will cool comfortably.
3. How much quieter are they than the older AC's? Never had an older unit, but I understand that most of the sound was from the single intake return. The newer BigHorns returns are ducted the same as the air supplies.

We have a 2015 BigHorn 3270rs and I have responded above to your questions.

Gary521

Thanks for all the responses. I am glad that these systems work well. Helps me make up my mind.