access panel for shower faucets

Delone

We need to replace the faucets in our shower and can't find an access panel to unscrew the taps. We have a 2013 Heartland 33TBud. Does anyone know how to change the faucets in this shower? We are wondering if the taps just get unscrewed from the front and we screw a new set of taps on.

danemayer

Hi Delone,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. We've got a great group of friendly and helpful people here, so I expect someone will chime in with ideas shortly.

Bogie

I don't have your trailer, but it looks like it has a Neo Angle shower. If it does, then it's probably like the one on my Sundance and previous Sundance as well. In mine, you need to remove the plate the faucet sits on (4 screws) then gently pry away from the wall. This should give you access to the faucet connection. I'm posting a picture so you can see what mine looks like. Don't forget to re-caulk when re-attaching.
IMG_1072.jpg

Bogie

Thanks for the info. I don't have the same type of access behind my taps but in the end we cut a hole through a closet to get access to the taps. What a pain. I will try to send a google drive link but I am having trouble with it working.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1VisAeKM7Dmbc9Fsr8SEMAqoYSmenKqM-?usp=sharing

Drive link worked! What a pain. Good thing you only have to cut into the closet wall where it won't bee seen.

I guess an access panel wasn't in Heartland's budget. :(

cashmore

At least its in the closet. Wow, no access panel you would have thought that they would have put something in....

EddieT

I have a 2011 Sundance RLS310 and have the same problem. Got frozen in the big storm in Texas last month.
I guess the best plan that I can think of is to cut out around the current valve then make a new piece to cover the hole with the valve attached.
I got this from one of the posts with the picture of the shower valve with a panel like this idea.

My access would be through the wall in the living area behind a cabinet where the TV is mounted. I removed all the screws but it is still attached on the right side somehow so I think the panel is a much better option. What do you guys think?

IMG-4210.jpg